Wiring Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor with Division X hat

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I found my problem that I overlooked installing my return system on my car and need help. I started the car and got a code for P0453 and realized the sensor that is in the evap lines at the tank have the sensor that has a connector in the wiring on the stock fuel hat. Using the connector off the stock fuel hat where do these wires get connected I don't see anything in Lethal's instructions about wiring this back up. I have used the search function and google but cannot find anything that helps. I know someone on here has been faced with the same problem so I'm hoping for some help. If anyone knows what wires this connector needs to be spliced into that would be a great help. Thanks in advance guy.

Mystic03

Established Member
I found my problem that I overlooked installing my return system on my car and need help. I started the car and got a code for P0453 and realized the sensor that is in the evap lines at the tank have the sensor that has a connector in the wiring on the stock fuel hat. Using the connector off the stock fuel hat where do these wires get connected I don't see anything in Lethal's instructions about wiring this back up. I have used the search function and google but cannot find anything that helps. I know someone on here has been faced with the same problem so I'm hoping for some help. If anyone knows what wires this connector needs to be spliced into that would be a great help. Thanks in advance guy.

you shouldnt of had to cut those wires it should have been able to go on the DX hat i have the full 1400 return i dont remember having to cut any wires on the hat for the press sensor. only the pigtail for the actual pumps..do you have the return wiring harness? pics would also help with this..im a visual guy lol

Last edited:

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I will have to get some but with the tank in the car I am not sure what I can get a picture of. I may have to drop the tank again. The stock hat has two connectors one for the pumps and the sending unit and the other connector that goes to the pressure sensor that is in one of the hard plastic lines running on the top of the tank. i didn't even think about that sensor becasue the instructions didn't mention it. When I started the car and got the code is when I then realized why. When you remove the stock hat that connector stays with the stock hat so then there is nothing to plug into that sensor in the evap lines.

Mystic03

Established Member
the press sensor is tapped into the vent line..you should not need to cut that wire this is the press sensor you will need to re wire it up i hope this is what you're referring too lol

6ad5a783-bf5a-4685-821b-1cfc85fb3e4f_zps2947ca4c.jpg

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Yup that is the one I'm talking about but you see the connector that plugs into the sensor is in the harness on the stock fuel hat. So when I cut the connector off the harness on the stock fuel hat where do I connect the wires? I was thinking all the wires on the harness going in the trunk were used but there must be a few that were not where those need to be connected. Maybe the wires have the same color code the full length and I can just follow that back in the trunk and go from there. Now I have to do some digging to find a connector because I just got rid of my stock hat and pumps and never cut the connector off that hat.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm really anal about not cutting wires so what I did was I unpinned the wires from the stock pumps out of the connector and removed them from the stock harness. I then reinstalled the stock harness back into the car and plugged it in like stock this kept that pressure sensor wired up. I then have my separate harness and plug going to the pumps (Fore setup). I doubt I'll ever go back to stock but its now just as simple as adding the two pins back into the connector and wrapping the harness back up.

Surely you can figure out what wires go back together. Its been a while aren't they color coded so you can match the colors and splice them back together.

Mystic03

Established Member
You re use the harness for the dx hat..I think the hat comes with a pig tail but if not I think I soldered mine but used the factory harness I never touched the press sensor wires

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah but the division x harness only has the one connector for the pumps and the sending unit. It does not have a connector for the tank pressure sensor. It looks like I will have to cut the pigtail off the stock hat and wire it into the car harness. Does anyone know what wires I need to tap into with this connector?

Mystic03

Established Member
Yeah but the division x harness only has the one connector for the pumps and the sending unit. It does not have a connector for the tank pressure sensor. It looks like I will have to cut the pigtail off the stock hat and wire it into the car harness. Does anyone know what wires I need to tap into with this connector?

you use the stock wiring up to the connector if i remember correctly i think i actually had to re wire the pumps to the hat since the 465's didnt fit the connectors but from the hat back i used stock wiring ill look through my pics on my phone see if i have pics

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
you use the stock wiring up to the connector if i remember correctly i think i actually had to re wire the pumps to the hat since the 465's didnt fit the connectors but from the hat back i used stock wiring ill look through my pics on my phone see if i have pics

Thanks man that would be awesome and I sent a PM to the Lethal guys asking becasue maybe they have ran across this beings I'm sure they have sold a lot of kits. I would have thought this would have been in the instructions. It just sucks I overlooked it and gonna have to drop the tank again probably.

Mystic03

Established Member
Thanks man that would be awesome and I sent a PM to the Lethal guys asking becasue maybe they have ran across this beings I'm sure they have sold a lot of kits. I would have thought this would have been in the instructions. It just sucks I overlooked it and gonna have to drop the tank again probably.

no worries ive dropped my tank over 6 times due to problems with the returnless then last time was when i went full return with zero issues! :beer:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Brett,

You'll want to keep all of the stock wiring intact except for the portion that goes to the stock fuel hat. You can cut the wires a few inches from the stock hat to grab the (2) level sender wires. The other 2 wires which are power/ground (signal) wires aren't used anymore. Other than that everything else is left alone.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

this was in the instructions when I did it, like Black 03s post says you're supposed to cut the harness and the fuel pump hat so you keep everything else working

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Ok thanks guys I guess I just overlooked something. I will get the instructions back out and go over it again this weekend and get it fixed. Well that is as long as I can get out of working all weekend. Been work nights and 12 on 12 off for a while so brain is probably just tired.

cj428mach

Established Member
Brett,

You'll want to keep all of the stock wiring intact except for the portion that goes to the stock fuel hat. You can cut the wires a few inches from the stock hat to grab the (2) level sender wires. The other 2 wires which are power/ground (signal) wires aren't used anymore. Other than that everything else is left alone.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Thats basically what I did but instead of cutting the two wires I just unpinned them from the harness and stripped them out. You should have two separate harnesses. The one for your pumps and then the harness with the big round plug that had your fuel level sender, original pump wiring, and the pressure sensor wiring. You need both harnesses just remove the original pump wiring from the round plug harness.

Users who are viewing this thread