Wiring boost gauge light, which wire to splice?

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Yep just t into it that wire, be very careful when splicing the wire its really thin. No need to fuse it.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
When you say dimmer harness, did you mean the dial to turn the brightness up or down?

If I remember when I did mine, its on the connector that makes it look like its in the back of the headlight switch, but it works with the dimmer.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
image.jpg

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
So I wired into the purple wire with white stripe. I spliced into that, and attached the white wire from the gauge to it. Still nothing lighting up. Do I need to wire into the fuse Box to the ignition fuse as well, or just the purple and white wire?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
So I wired into the purple wire with white stripe. I spliced into that, and attached the white wire from the gauge to it. Still nothing lighting up. Do I need to wire into the fuse Box to the ignition fuse as well, or just the purple and white wire?

That looks like white wire with purple stripe. The one above it is Purple with White Stripe

Its Pin #1

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
You don't need to solder it or anything like that, just slide it in the back of the connector and hold it with some electrical tape. If you're not comfortable with that, you can at least use this to test which of the 'ports' you need to use.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I used a multi-meter to find the wire that had power with the light on. I cycled a few times, then tapped into that one.
easy cheesy.

Users who are viewing this thread