Wiring amp and sub to Mach 460 HELP!

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I am trying to wire in an amp and a sub into the mach 460! So far everything has power but I cannot get the Line Out Converter to link to the Data Cables correctly. I know this because I can get sound out of the sub when I use the RCA cable from the output of a stereo. If anyone has any hints or clues please help. Mustangworld.com is not helping me at all right now.

Planter

Banned
I am trying to wire in an amp and a sub into the mach 460! So far everything has power but I cannot get the Line Out Converter to link to the Data Cables correctly. I know this because I can get sound out of the sub when I use the RCA cable from the output of a stereo. If anyone has any hints or clues please help. Mustangworld.com is not helping me at all right now.

that's cause you're half-assing it to begin with.

go buy an aftermarket head unit and the proper metra harness, and wire that stuff up the right way. you'll thank me later.

the factory mach460 head unit is total crap, and the sound quality, bass and volume are terrible.

when you integrate an aftermarket H/U into the mach460 speakers and amps, the quality, bass, and volume are all a lot better.

use google to do a search on how to do it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Iirc even then its eh because the mach systems are 9v amps or something.

Shitcan it all, sell it to some v6 owner, grab a good h/u and run new wires. Reuse the decklid cluster**** box thingy though, it produces some nice rear lows as opposed to just hanging the speakers in the decklid itself.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Well I found my mistake. I was able to finish this with a final cost under $200. I need to patch in the top of the rear seat delete. To put the seats in it might take ten minutes to remove, then 15 to put the seats in so all in all I am very happy with what I ended up with.
Sub.jpg

LeadFarmer

Established Member
:facepalm: damn rookies. :nonono:

cute cobra seatbelt sliders btw...:poke:
hahahaha I agree, they look cute across my chest, especially when i'm wearing my matching yellow shorts :banana:
that's cause you're half-assing it to begin with.

go buy an aftermarket head unit and the proper metra harness, and wire that stuff up the right way. you'll thank me later.

the factory mach460 head unit is total crap, and the sound quality, bass and volume are terrible.

when you integrate an aftermarket H/U into the mach460 speakers and amps, the quality, bass, and volume are all a lot better.

use google to do a search on how to do it.

wow I can't believe I forgot to tell you that you should get an aftermarket HU before you started, for some reason I assumed you had one. The stock ones for both of our cars are absolute shit and a nightmare to wire aftermarket stuff with, I learned the hard way :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread