Wiring a wot box to an auto with a trans brake

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
My MSD unit killed itself, and I don't have time to wait for the warranty process to get another one. I had my two step and transbrake wired to the same momentary swtich which provides a ground. What would be the correct way to do the same with the wot box? I know I'll have to get into the software and play with the lockout RPM to get everything to play nice. But as far as wiring, is it as simple as wiring the clutch switch wire to my momentary? Does the clutch switch on manual cars provide a ground? Thanks

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I just wired the clutch switch wire to my button that activates the trans brake.

That's what I was going to try. Would you mind taking a screen shot of your interface? I'd like to see how you have yours set up.
Also, how does your 2 step activate? I've heard you can't roll into the throttle while on the button....you have to quickly floor it to get the car to come up on the 2 step. Thanks for your help

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
You can set the threshold from 0-5V at the TPS. Download the software from n2mb, you can see the options and stuff without the device connected.

Edit: Just noticed this was 11-14 not sure about TPS with them.

Last edited:

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Anybody running this combo currently? Need some help with setting up the interface. I was able to get it to come up on the 2 step but the car threw codes for ignition coil malfunction....not everytime, but I'd say half the time. I'd really like to see how one of you guys who run this combo have it set up. My wiring is good, everything with solder joints. Any help or pointing me in the direction of somebody that can would be greatly appreciated

jassoom55

Established Member
Anybody running this combo currently? Need some help with setting up the interface. I was able to get it to come up on the 2 step but the car threw codes for ignition coil malfunction....not everytime, but I'd say half the time. I'd really like to see how one of you guys who run this combo have it set up. My wiring is good, everything with solder joints. Any help or pointing me in the direction of somebody that can would be greatly appreciated

Im in the same boat as you, any updates on this yet? did you wire the hotbox going to the clutch to the transbrake button? I'm swapping from t56 to th400 and finished the installation yesterday but for some reason my transbrake will not hold completely the car would still move and then would start a burnout (without the hotbox) so now I'm trying to wire the hotbox with transbrake and see if it will make the car gold on the t-brake. and is it normal that the car would move like this with t-brake ? I'm new to autos this is my first swap.

Users who are viewing this thread