Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Recomendation?

KEVINS

Established Member
I'm tired of the trial and error of finding a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I've tried two different ones and the keyboard loses signal if it's more than 18" from the laptop.

I want a wireless keyboard/ mouse that has about 3ft of range or more.
If you have something that you like what is the model number?

ks

Blown 89

Established Member
Microsoft makes the most reliable wireless devices I have tested. I use their mobile keyboards with separate number pad both at home and work (6 desktops, 3 laptops)). Even though Logitech is a dumpster fire for signal reliability I use the MX1000 mouse at home because I like the ergonomics and one T630 on two of my laptops (at the time it was the only real option for portability) since it has two pairing modes. Neither tracks reliably enough for the detailed graphics work I do and I will replace them when I get motivated enough.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I actually need to get a new keyboard as well. The one I have now has the keys so close together there is no margin for error. And my hands are not especially large either.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Im using a Logitech MX Master mouse and really like it. For a keyboard, im using a wired Razer Chroma mechanical keyboard cause I like the clicky keys and backlighting; so no help there.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My advice is to avoid all the wireless crap.
I've tried countless brands, and they all fail. Right when you need it the most, the mouse or keyboard will stop communicating with the PC. I've lost all my patience with wireless mouse/keyboards.

Blown 89

Established Member
My advice is to avoid all the wireless crap.
I've tried countless brands, and they all fail. Right when you need it the most, the mouse or keyboard will stop communicating with the PC. I've lost all my patience with wireless mouse/keyboards.
There's certainly some truth to that.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I can sit across the room with the wireless keyboard and magic pad on my iMac and have zero issues.

Just sayin.

08mojo

Established Member
I use a cheap logitech for a computer hooked up to a tv in our living room. The computer is ~12' away and on the other side of a wall inside a closet. I've not had any signal issues.

KEVINS

Established Member
Thanks Everyone!
I discovered that a Logitech K520 works from 10ft so I ordered one of these.
If it works good I'll get a second one for my other laptop..

Thnx Gents..
ks

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my Logitech stuff. MX series combo for day to day use along with using it for travel. Had it for 2 years without fault.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Logitech, as someone mentioned microsoft is great too. These two are the only ones I'd trust, I have both

Users who are viewing this thread