Wireless internet help

king nothing

Established Member
I need to get internet to several devices that dont have wireless capabilities (Dish network receiver, Xbox 360). Running wires all the way across the house wont work. Is there any device i can use that will receive my current wireless signal and convert it to wired? I have an extra wireless router. Can another wireless router be used as a reciever?

txyaloo

Established Member
Ethernet powerline network adapter, it uses the electrical wires.

This.

Also, companies do make wireless bridges. Depending on your router model, you may be able to install DD-WRT on it and turn it into a bridge.

king nothing

Established Member
It sounds like the powerline adapter will work for me. Dish network actually offers one and my receiver hooks up to it through the power plug so i only need one of them

blumnday99

Established Member
This.

Also, companies do make wireless bridges. Depending on your router model, you may be able to install DD-WRT on it and turn it into a bridge.

Or you can just buy a bridge if you don't want to mess with re-flashing firmware and configuring DD-WRT

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WET54G-Wireless-G-Ethernet-Bridge/dp/B00008WMBT]Amazon.com: Cisco-Linksys WET54G Wireless-G Ethernet Bridge: Electronics[/ame]

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Ethernet powerline network adapter, it uses the electrical wires.

Use the Wired instead of Wireless. I use this on my DirectV and Computer hooked up to my TV and it works great, plus internal network performance will be superior to wireless.

Zacharyx

Established Member
some of the barracks guys run these

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WGA54G-Wireless-G-Gaming-Adapter/dp/B00009X6DT]Amazon.com: Cisco-Linksys WGA54G Wireless-G Gaming Adapter: Electronics[/ame]

or the microsoft version

Users who are viewing this thread