Wiper removal

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
I want to take off the whole wiper arm, not just the blade. I have a dd so i do not need them. I have been looking all morning for some nut or bolt to take off to get them off, but see nothing. How do i get them off??:shrug:

Aceman74

Banned
I want to take off the whole wiper arm, not just the blade. I have a dd so i do not need them. I have been looking all morning for some nut or bolt to take off to get them off, but see nothing. How do i get them off??:shrug:

Do you mean how to get the whole assembly off including the motor or how to get the wiper arm off of the motor actuator? If you mean how to get it off the outer part just hyperextend the blade assembly and on the windshield side you'll see a little thing sticking out to unlock the assembly. If you can't move it out with your fingers then get a screwdriver and pry it towards the windshield and give the wiper a little wiggle and out it should come. Hope this is what you were after. I can send some pics along if needed, we have a taken apart 04 Cobra here.

Aceman74

Banned
That information is classified LOL, its a complete car that is being used for mock up. Its not coming apart just happens to already be that way.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Unless you have "aftermarket" wipers, it's as easy as Aceman said. I just went out to verify and had the wiper blade off in a couple of seconds. Lift the wiper blade like you're going to clean your windshield. There is a tab on the windshield side of the wiper arm -- just pull on it (toward the windshield) and lift the wiper arm off the splined shaft.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
hammer1.jpg
if all else fails

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread