winter wheels for cobra?????

vanillaprice

Established Member
I want to get winter wheels for my 2001 cobra. I have the factory polished wheels. Will they be alright or will the salt on the roads eat at them like it does chrome? Will any wheels from a 94 and up GT fit due to the brakes. Does anyone have winter rims on there cobra?

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
they should be fine. You can get some wd-40 and spray them down to protect them, they are clearcoated, unlike chrome. I would either get some plain GT wheels, (the nasty grey 5-spoke) off of a 99 newer, or just spray them down. I spray my tanks/wheels down with wd in my truck<--- during the winter and it keeps the polish still, and they aren't clear coated. You should be fine.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
not in snowy salty conditions, you know if its kinda wet. But if it does pick up dirt 5 seconds with a hose will take car of that. Running trucks in the winter sucks. salt and mag-chloride can take the polish off of your wheels/tanks in a day. Just spray them down and it protects them. If I was you I would be more worried about the undercarriage and rust.

Users who are viewing this thread