Winter upgrades are done! TVS on corn! Dyno #'s inside

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
What safety things and weight reduction have you done/plan on doing? How about suspension now as well that your putting down so much power?
Assuming now that you'll be trapping past 135 your track is going to want full cage, seat belts, etc?

It's around 3800 race weight. Battery in trunk, K member, radiater support / front sway bar delete,base GT, alum driveshaft. might add a trunk mounted intercooler tank.
Stock suspension
Safety equipment = helmet & Fire jacket... Street car, so no cage here! I run grudge nights & no ET's where they don't tech much.

5% lower

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 664
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:

derricksmustang

Established Member
It's around 3800 race weight. Battery in trunk, K member, base GT, alum driveshaft. might add a trunk mounted intercooler tank.
Stock suspension
Safety equipment = helmet & Fire jacket... Street car, so no cage here! I run grudge nights & no ET's where they don't tech much.

5% lower

Awesome car. Its been awhile since ive been up to lideo's shop he makes some nice rides the ones that look tame and are far from it like his cream notch!! Lock forward to seeing you at miland cant wait for it to open.

Hows traction on the street being your on stock suspension ive got all BMR rear stuff put on waiting for my springs it got rid of the sway when hitting bumps and hope it takes care of the 100 ft wobble at miland!!

vortecd

Established Member
Not sure I would skip the cage running 9's. If you make a couple of passes a year then maybe but it seems you made over 50 last year.

My old fox ran low 9's and even though it went straight down the track I still had a full cage in it. With the acceleration on a 140mph+ car if something does go wrong, you will be into the wall or other lane before you know what happened. At least a simple 6 point with removable side bars for the street would be better then nothing even though still not legal for 9's. 5 point harness should be a must also. You can tuck them under your seat for the most part and use the stock seat belt on the street

I would do the 6 point and harness at least if I knew I was going to be going to the track alot running that fast

4VFTW

Established Member
It's around 3800 race weight. Battery in trunk, K member, radiater support / front sway bar delete,base GT, alum driveshaft.
have you weighed it? that seems very heavy for a base with that much weighed reduction... unless you weigh 400#'s

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
have you weighed it? that seems very heavy for a base with that much weighed reduction... unless you weigh 400#'s

That's what I was thinking, mine is ariund 3820 with me in it and that's with all safety stuff and 6 point roll bar.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I hear what your saying about the cage... These cars are so much more structurally sound then a fox body. I still like to use my back seat.
Lidio runs 9.50's (and soon to be quicker) without a roll bar and makes 60 to 80 passes a year. I may run a couple Street Stang and True Street races, but nothing serious. Just a bunch of fun on grudge nights.

I weighed the car last year, but just guessing at the weight now (+figured 50lbs for a trunk mounted inter cooler tank) I also have heavy rims & tires... I know I could drop an easy 70lbs with big & littles, but not sure if I want to go that route.

I weigh 180lb's

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Congratulations Scott. She is going straight into the 9's!

I'm similar to you on a couple things, my Premium, A6 car with a TVS, big wheels, half tank of gas and no weight reduction other than an empty trunk, weighs 3850. Now that I have added cutouts/bullets/turndowns to the stock exhaust, that number has grown for sure. I plan to have mine weighed again soon.

I also have no interest in a roll bar of any kind. You aren't the only one.

Last edited:

Sledder

Established Member
Those are some nice numbers. Lidio is the best. He has my car a couple times and I am always thrilled when I get it back. I can imagine how you are feeling now waiting to take it out. I get out to Milan from time to time. Would like to be there when you are sorting it out. Good Luck.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'll be at all (except April 18th) of the ""No ET" events at Milan. They have 1 each month til November. Lidio is usually there too... Stop by & say hello

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
This showed up on my door step today! :dancenana:

Took it out for a spin today... Looking forward to the extra weight over the rear.
Tires must be shot, it was spinning pretty bad from a 50 roll...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 324

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I don't see that requiring much other than a few mounting bolts and a hole for the drain. This is THE setup to have if you run True Street (three back to back passes, hood closed) like Scott does.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
My car is just a base GT... I like it clean & OEM looking, but I don't mind drilling a hole here & there if need be... I wanted a Shelby, but I know my self too well & didn't want to cut up one of those! Lol!

I'm going to run a Jabsco pump in the trunk as well & eliminate the Roush resivoir & pump up front... I still run the stock Roush heat exchanger.

Last edited:

cjd223

Established Member
Scott, I wonder if it worth the effort to install a slim fan/fans in front of the heat exchanger? Dual fan systems are dirt cheap from the likes of Jegs and Summit. I too wanted a Shelby. Almost bought one about this time last year. One ran through the Manheim auction in Nashville. Only had 600 or so miles on it. A good friend of mine is a buyer for several dealerships in Alabama. I told him if the first number was a 4 buy it. It sold for $55,000. I would have paid $48-$49K for it.
BTW I started the Roush install yesterday. Spent a couple of hours on it. I will work on it some more today. May or may not finish it today.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Get a custom cage built, it's more expensive, but a good cage builder can fabricate a setup so kids can still use the back seat etc.

I am getting a guy do build a 10 point with mine. Still has removable/swingout door bars and the bar behind the seat is lowered so I can still scoot the seat back and lean, and kiddo's can sit in the back seat. It won't be NHRA certified, but still offer a lot of protection.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
My friend Jeff builds 7sec cars (JR Racecraft) and lives 20 mins from me, so having one built isn't an issue... I'm going to enjoy it as is for a while... If I get the bug later for a legal 9.50 car, I'll worry about it then. For now it's just a fun street car that see's about 50 passes a year!

I don't think additional fans are needed... If the car is moving it cools down pretty quick.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I started the tank install... This thing is bigger then I expected. I had to move my battery & disconnect switch that I just did over the winter. Tank didn't just drop in, I had to take a BFH to square the sides of the spare tire well ( lower portion ). Very high quality tank! Pictures aren't the greatest, especially now that I see all the finger prints from the 20 times I had this in & out! Lol!
I'm waiting for 1 1/4 to 1" 90* fittings & trying to pack for vacation, so it will be a couple weeks before I can finish it up...

Also I ditched the battery box this time... Going to Get a 800 CCA Optima.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 241

Users who are viewing this thread