Winter tires

LIGHT03

Established Member
I did a search and did not find the info I need. I am sure it is out there some place.

I have an 03 Lightning and I called 800-FORD-SVT as it says on page 16 of the Owner's Guide supplement for SVT owners.

The guy tells me that the tires for winter are:

Goodyear Ultra Grips
235 x 70 R16

I bought them and the wheels and put them on with the help of a friend. Come spring, I took them off and replaced them with the original tires. No probs so far. This winter I took them to a shop and for a $6.00 they would take off the originals and put on the winters. Thought it was a good price and said have at it.

A few minutes later they said no can do because the tire size is incorrect according to their "book". They cannot change them because of legal probs.

I called the Ford dealer where I bought the truck and asked them for something in writing that says these are the right tires. He said he could find no info about winter tire size but that he would change them for me. That is not the problem. I need something in writing that says I have the proper tire.

Is this the proper tire size? I questioned the guy when he said 16 and not 18 but he said 16 is the size I need.

If it is the proper size where do I get documentation?

Any help would be appreciated.

L

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Find another tire store that guy is a d*ck or just paranoid. Thats the right tire for a f150 and thats what you want for a snow tire.You should of showed him the spare that came on the L it's the same size as your winter tires

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread