winter tires

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I need to get winter tires for stock wheels on my 98 cobra, any ideas? I don't want to drive in snow & ice in Denver with the street Yokohama's that I presently am running. Prices also.

DenverJay

Established Member
I have a set of Dunlop Wintersport M3's on my cobra that I drive year around in the Denver area. They are excellent. I had to special order them to get as close to the size of my stock F1's as possible, I basically got the widest size they make and it's actually only about 1/8" narrower than the stock F1's. Be ready for the price though, a set of 4 with mounting, balancing and road hazard cost me almost $1k.

Other than the high price though, the only problems I have had is if there is over 6 inches or so it turns into a snow plow and I usually just leave it in the garage in this case. But if it's less than that I drive it and it does great. I found that if I put 1 40 lb. tube sand in the trunk spaced evenly over the rear axel helps tremendously but isn't a must. Just take your time and watch out for crazy women in SUV's from California. :)

Users who are viewing this thread