winter tires for the mustang?

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I'm thinking about driving my car throughout winter. didn't really want to but I love driving it and I just don't want to settle with buying a beater again. so what tires have the best traction on snowy/ice weather. I've had continental extreme dws which were awesome but again my other car was also AWD. I would put them on the Brembo wheels.

lucasjm

Established Member
I used Michelin x ice last winter and had great results.

I actually have a set mounted on stock rims for sale as I now store my car for the winter. PM if interested.

vortecd

Established Member
I've had two sets of Blizzaks on 2 different cars, not impressed. I had Cooper Weather masters before on a fox and thought they were much better. Just bought a new set of Weather masters for my Evo so now I'll have a back to back comparison on this car.

Half way through December in Michigan and still have not had snow to drive in :(

Tispho

Established Member
I'm pretty sure you won't get stuck with blizzaks. Litterily. :banana:

[youtube_browser]1EH5CbW2ReU[/youtube_browser]

04sonicbeast

Established Member
Cherz74, yeah I think I'm just going to do that. I really don't want to drive it and don't have to. I have a cobalt which is our dd but I guess I just want to get a beater. Found one today 96 Toyota for less than a set of tires.

Chersch74

4V FTW
Established Member
Cherz74, yeah I think I'm just going to do that. I really don't want to drive it and don't have to. I have a cobalt which is our dd but I guess I just want to get a beater. Found one today 96 Toyota for less than a set of tires.

Good to hear, they don't mess around with the salt around here. My car has been put away for almost 2 months now :shrug:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Snow isn't what worry's me.. It's the salt they lay down all over the place that causes all the rust. I really wish Michigan could come up with something better then salt..

cuzracecar

Established Member
here in iowa theyre starting to spray this stuff that looks like tranny fluid (red and oily looking) but it wont cause rust... so they say
ill see if i can find out what its called but honestly its about time someone came up with something

Hostlntent

Established Member
one thing you could also do since your getting a beater and not buying tires is to get the beater's or your dd tires siped to aide in additional traction when the road is wet with snowy stuff/ice. Not sure if you know bout this stuff but many local tire shops can do this for you.

Chersch74

4V FTW
Established Member
one thing you could also do since your getting a beater and not buying tires is to get the beater's or your dd tires siped to aide in additional traction when the road is wet with snowy stuff/ice. Not sure if you know bout this stuff but many local tire shops can do this for you.

May sound like a Noob, but what is "siped"? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread