Winter tires and wheels?

a64armt

Established Member
My family and I are looking at a possible relocation to Pennsylvania, South East/Chambersburg area. Since we currently live in Savannah GA, I have always had pure summer/rain performance tires (Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3) on our car. So now I must look at winter tires and wheels.

Vehicle is a 2002 Focus SVT.

What I am looking at doing is buying a used set of Focus SVT wheels (17 inch) and installing OEM sized winter tires. What other options are open? Will a 16 inch OEM Focus wheel (ZX3, etc) fit the vehicle over the SVT brakes, etc? Also, any recommendations for winter tires are also appreciated. I haven’t lived in an area that had snow since we lived in Germany. At that time I had Pirelli Winter 210 performance tires on my MX6, and they were a great tire, but seemed to wear quickly.

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,
Vincent

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I live up here in eastern PA and have 16" aluminum wheels w/ Bridgestone Blizzaks that I use in the Winter.

Got them through TireRack as a Package - Mounted and Balanced (including lugnuts), delivered right to the front door.:beer:

I also run the Goodyear F1 GS D3 during the warmer months.

HTPerformance

I have a set that is potentially available. White Euro Pkg. 17's with 215/45/17 Michelin Artic Alpins (1-2 seasons left on the set). PM me if you are interested.

a64armt

Established Member
message sent

PM sent a while back, I am still interested. I have a while until the relo, so I have time to look.

Thanks,
Vincent

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I'm not sure just yet, but I'm considering trading my car in on a new SRT Caliber.

I posted above about my Winter Wheels/Tires.

I would post them for sale here if I do trade my car in.

Located in Eastern PA.

Last edited:

CT SVT

Established Member
my SVTF in winter mode
running 16" OEM 6-spoke focus rims(painted bronze)
on Winterforce 205/55r16
DSC01325.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

a64armt

Established Member
CT SVT,
Thanks for posting the photos, that is exactly what I was hoping to see. Stock ZX3 wheels on an SVT.

I notice your brakes are drilled, are they stock size?

I should be able to find stock ZX3 wheels pretty cheap.

Thanks again to everyone for the info.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread