Winter Storage ?

St8-E

Established Member
Is it a good or bad idea to prop the cobra up on Jack stands for the winter? I currently have then at all 4 corners of my Full length Sub-frame connectors. I just want to make sure that storing it like this won't hurt anything...

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I've never been a fan of doing this, because then your suspension is fully extended/hanging all winter.

Just put a little extra air in the tires and you should be good. That's all i do and have never had a problem.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just put carpet squares under the tires and inflate them to 40psi.

umjwh

Established Member
I am a fan of using jack stands, but I do not let the suspension hang fully extended. See the pix below.

IMG_1511.jpg

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Mine goes on jackstands but keep the suspension loaded. And mothballs around the stands. I don't know how much good it does for the tires or suspension but it seems like I get less rodent problems when it is on stands for the winter.

oneof185

Established Member
I am a fan of using jack stands, but I do not let the suspension hang fully extended. See the pix below.

I do similar, however put the rear jack stands under the rear-end. Just curious why you place yours where they are. Not saying my way is right, just asking to see what your thoughts are so I may do different.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread