Winter storage questions?

Black Venom 99

Established Member
For all the winters I have stored my car. Heated garage and it being covered. Always thought to put it on jack stands but never have. I have heard of it being a good idea, but also being a bad idea. I was seeing what you guys, that store their cars heard about the putting the car on jack stands. If you guys can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.

motorCITY

Established Member
I just put mine away last weekend, again on jack stands.
(in a storage unit w/no heat)

The main reason I throw it up on stands is to remove the tires. Some people say you don't have to worry about the tires flat-spotting after sitting too long . . . others do. I figured I'm not gonna be driving it anyway, so only takes a few minutes longer to remove the tires.

If you do throw it up on stands, you don't want your tires left on pulling down on your suspension for that long. I think anything over a month can start to cause problems.

Then again, I have mine in a storage unit with no heat. Maybe in a heated garage - where you could have access & roll it forward/backwards a little you wouldn't have to worry about the tires flat-spotting.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I just pulled mine out of storage from about 13 months, and it wasn't that bad, the tires had flat-spotted, but not as bad as I thought they would. It took about 15 miles to straighten them out. I just put mouse dope in there, and make sure all the tires are aired up, and no food, or food wrappers in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread