Winter Sport M3s or Pilot Alpin PA2s?

YELOSNK

Established Member
I admit it, I am going to drive my Cobra in the snow. The question now is, should I go for the Winter Sport M3s or the Pilot Alpin PA2s? The reviews on the M3s seem to be a little better, but they will cost me $60 for a set.

Little_SVT_Man

Established Member
I just bought myself a set of the Dunlop Winter Sport M3's almost two weeks ago but I haven't put them on yet. Dunlop had a $50.00 mail-in-rebate at that time I purchased my tires so I went with Dunlop.

Little_SVT_Man

Established Member
I just bought myself a set of the Dunlop Winter Sport M3's almost two weeks ago but I haven't put them on yet. Dunlop had a $50.00 mail-in-rebate at that time I purchased my tires so I went with Dunlop.

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
how much are the m3's?? and what size are you getting the pa2s in i could only find them in a 235...i loved those tires in the snow

BM1

Established Member
The M3s are rated #1 overall in the winter tire category on TireRack.com, but they aren't as good as the WS-50 in snow/ice traction. The trade-off is getting a stiffer sidewall for better dry handling and a V speed rating as opposed to Q on the WS-50s. I'm putting WS-50s on my car for the winter to get the best ice/snow traction possible, but I won't be able to exceed 99 MPH due to the Q speed rating.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread