Winter Project - Suspension

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Here is our little winter project. DSG2NV (Alex) and I (Shane) have been working on. Best part is, not one Cobra, but two. Get to do it twice.

MM K-member
MM Standard Offset A-arms
MM Coil overs Front and Rear with Bilstein sport shocks/struts (not pictured)
MM Bump Steer kit
MM Aluminum Rack bushings
MM Oil Filter relocation kit
Bassani Headers (me only) with stage 8 locking bolts
Energy suspension motor mounts, end links, and sway bar bushings
Russel Stainless steel brake lines
Powder coated front and rear calipers
powder coated front sway bar and brackets
powder coated brake dust shields front and rear
Powder coated spindles
Hawk HPS Brake pads Front and rear
and lots of other misc parts here and there to support this wonderful project of ours.

This project should be a lot of fun. Did pretty much the same thing to my 94 Cobra. Looking forward to the build.

F.Y.I. - Prothane is supposed to be working on a trans mount to fit our car. Price is supposed to be under $100. Just a rumor I heard out there.

38268980021_large.jpg

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
nice- how much did you drop on the whole getup?

Not really sure to be honest, I have been collecting parts for two months now.

MM K-member
MM Standard Offset A-arms
MM Coil overs Front and Rear with Bilstein sport shocks/struts (not pictured)
MM Bump Steer kit
MM Aluminum Rack bushings
MM Oil Filter relocation kit
Bassani Headers (me only) with stage 8 locking bolts

The above parts were the last group, and we got a smoking deal there. $2048 I think. $655 of that was headers. A little over $300 off retail in all.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
do his first that way you make the mistakes on his car and it's good practice for yours lol

Dane

Established Member
Nice collection you have there, I was thinking about getting the MM K member, keep us posted I would like to see your feedback.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
do his first that way you make the mistakes on his car and it's good practice for yours lol

We actually talked about which car we were doing first. To be honest, it doesn't really matter. I have done this same install 7 or 8 times now. It was pretty common when I lived in San Diego. The hardest part really is getting the k-member squared up, and that is not really hard, just time consuming.

Nice collection you have there, I was thinking about getting the MM K member, keep us posted I would like to see your feedback.

I will post up pics as I go. I don't intend on installing all in one weekend. I like to take my time so I don't get sloppy. Should be done by next weekend. Like I said though, I have had the same setup on my 94, which is why I didn't hesitate to go this route again. I went through Eibachs, H&R Race springs, Tockico shocks/struts, KYB shocks/struts, Bilstein HDs, and a mix match of the listed shocks/struts. I really like the H&R race springs with the bilstein HDs to be honest, but after driving a friends car that was equipped with mm coil overs, I was pretty much sold.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member

I have had the full MM K member/LCA/coilovers/etc for 4 years now. Its worth it. The coilovers alone will make the car much more stable with a firm ride. Body roll is non existant. The K member took some much needed weight off the front end while giving more clearance underneath. Its a nice unit designed tough for the street. I noticed the car shifts smoother with the K member installed than with the stock one.

I would do it again if I had the chance. Install isn't too bad as long as you have 2 good sized plumb bobs to center and square the K member. A good alignment is critical too. I had mine done at the same time as corner weighting the car and setting correct ride height. Really makes a difference.

Teej281

Established Member
Looks like the parts list that im about to start putting together for my GT. Planning on the IRS conversion first with delrin bushings and such. Then onto k-member with all those goodies and IRS coilovers with Koni yellows if i cant get a deal on the bilsteins out of a cobra. Keep us updated man!!! What spring rates did you guys decide to go with and what was your reasoning???

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Looks like the parts list that im about to start putting together for my GT. Planning on the IRS conversion first with delrin bushings and such. Then onto k-member with all those goodies and IRS coilovers with Koni yellows if i cant get a deal on the bilsteins out of a cobra. Keep us updated man!!! What spring rates did you guys decide to go with and what was your reasoning???

375's in the front and 575's in the rear. Also went with bilstein sports instead of HD's. I ordered them because Jason at MM told Shane to get 'em :rockon:

Alex

Teej281

Established Member
Are the sports the MM revalved Bilsteins for the street? I was looking into those but Koni is having a 25% off sale right now and i can get a set of Yellows for like $528 or something. Thats why im going with Koni's.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Are the sports the MM revalved Bilsteins for the street? I was looking into those but Koni is having a 25% off sale right now and i can get a set of Yellows for like $528 or something. Thats why im going with Koni's.

Yes, the Bilstein sports are revalved. They are a little more aggressive then the HDs, allowing for heavier spring rates.

Teej281

Established Member
Yea they are. Im looking for the best street performance with great handling. I think the Koni's will be good enough for $175 less than the revalved Bilsteins. lol Im going to go with 500lb springs in the rear and 350lb in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread