Winter Hobbies!! Its gettin close!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Anybody have winter hobbies in here?

Living in Alaska its a part of daily life from late October to May, and even later in the mountains. Lots of love for the cobra, but its good to have other venues to escape to.

Last year I rode my snowmobile from October 15th, into mid June. Awesome season..... Some exploits.

Videos, then photo's.....ENJOY!! :beer::beer::beer:

Some of the, if not the DEEPEST snow I have ever rode. 72" over a 3 day period on top of a 22ft base in February.

Turny -- Deep v.2 -- Feb 4th on Vimeo

One of my better edits, and riding days. Top 5 of the 11/12 season. Doesnt get much better.

The Flats -- Epic Return on Vimeo

48" of fresh, in the middle of Blizzard, cant see shit!! :beer::beer:
Deep Day @ Turny on Vimeo

100ft Stepdown in the middle of May...
http://vimeo.com/44630720

One of my buddy sending it...
http://vimeo.com/44632100

46099ca6.jpg

915690db.png

2aaf5d89.png

c0f9cdaa.png

b2ed5620.png

edcf5dfc.jpg

5d82ffbf.png

6c93d101.jpg

7bd595b6.jpg

3556b371.jpg

6a182223.jpg

0ad87668.jpg

Last edited:

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I wish we had that much snow here. What camera are you using?

How much does an airlift tow cost for a brokedown sled?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I use a Sony WSC-290 point and shoot, small, compact, shoots good photo's, and gets the job done. All of the helmet cam shots are a GoPro HD, shot in R4 MODE (960p 30fps 170 degree FOV)

I picked up a new Hero 2 for this year, quality is on another level if you render with good video quality. I also picked up a sony wsc-650 for point and shoot also, stepup. I started using my Iphone 4Gs for some still shots, does a suprising good job at scenery shots.

Airlift is 500 if your stop by the place and get the net before you head out, give them GPS/direction and meet them there. 750 if they bring the net a drop it down and wait while you get it positioned on the sled.

1000 if they bring you, and the net. Lots of times sleds are in spots you cant land in, best to ride in with the net in a large pack or strapped to the sled, hike to wherever it is and wait on the chopper.

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
That is so bad-ass, OP! Unfortunately, I don't have any winter hobbies down here in South Florida...fall, winter, spring and summer are all molded into one super-long season. :(

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
I live in northern Minnesota so I'm a huge snowmobiler as well, extremely jealous seeing your pics and vids though haha. Last winter was absolutely awful for snow, we had next to nothing. I only put 75 miles on my sled, typically I get at least 2,000.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I live in northern Minnesota so I'm a huge snowmobiler as well, extremely jealous seeing your pics and vids though haha. Last winter was absolutely awful for snow, we had next to nothing. I only put 75 miles on my sled, typically I get at least 2,000.

I heard you guys are gettin some snow already?

SupraBL71GTS

200mph
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread