Winter Detail For The Cobra...

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Process (took 10 hours total):
Washed with Optimum Car Wash
Optimum Polish / Cutting Pad / Speed 6 / PC /
Menzerna P085RD / Polishing Pad / Speed 6 / PC / A bit of pressure on the machine
Menzera FMJ x 2 / By Hand
Poorboys Pro Polish on Rims by hand
Poorboys wheel sealant by hand (i need to get a drill lol) x 3
Poorboys BNB x 2 on Tires
The tires look dull in these pics becuase I wnet through a constrution area and there was a little dirt/dust. I was able to get about 90% of the swirls out, i am going start learning the rotary, and hopefully by spring i can get more out.

Optimum is my new go to polish, easy to use, little dusting and leaves a great finish.

My plan is to put one more coat of FMJ, then top with either Blitz/Nattys Blue/Trade Secret/Pink Wax x 3

Pics:
IMG_2448.sized.jpg

IMG_2449.sized.jpg

IMG_2447.sized.jpg

IMG_2443.sized.jpg

Full Gallery Here

Last edited:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
yea, last few times i wanted wetness, this time i tried for flake and i think im happy with how i did :)

Juiced-03

Established Member
Nice work! I still have UPP on my car and haven't decided when to do my full winter prep. I'll probably do the other cars in the household first.

How does that FMJ hold up?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Nice work! I still have UPP on my car and haven't decided when to do my full winter prep. I'll probably do the other cars in the household first.

How does that FMJ hold up?
I had it (3x fmj) on from about May until early october topped by 2x Trade Secret and after each wash i used Pinnacle Crystal Mist and it worked great!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Wow 5 months, that is pretty damn good. I may have to try it out! Trade Secret is an awesome wax too, I think it's up there with Souveran, but durability is actually better with TS.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Wow 5 months, that is pretty damn good. I may have to try it out! Trade Secret is an awesome wax too, I think it's up there with Souveran, but durability is actually better with TS.
yeap...the beading and slickness was insane..now im gonna try Pink Wax :)

Users who are viewing this thread