Windshield wipers?

DeadStang

Established Member
My "new" Cobra has really hideous, aftermarket wipers on it and it's starting to rain here in Oregon (big surprise!). What did the stock ones looks like? Can I still get them (the whole assemblies) and then just replace the blades?

DeadStang

Established Member
Excellent! Thanks. The current ones are those weird, thick ones like you buy for your truck at Costco--they work well, tho.

Mustang104_zps56820fd1.jpg

cobra105_zpsc0dec801.gif

DeadStang

Established Member
I have them on my new truck, also...but IMO just look really clunky and unrefined on the Cobra. I have a couple of older Mustangs, and I'm partial to the smaller, more narrow wipers they have.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Those are just the blades. You can get replacements at Autozone. The arms are the same.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Those look like top of the line bosch blades. Why in the world would you want to go back to the 80's technology massive metal frame blades?

Martel

Established Member
'cause they don't look right on the car to me, and for all that I drive in the rain... I agree with the op, but understand people that want better performance, especially on a DD.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
'cause they don't look right on the car to me, and for all that I drive in the rain... I agree with the op, but understand people that want better performance, especially on a DD.

But the single blade performs better than the traditional style wiper? The shape reduces lift at highway speeds, doesn't allow snow or slush to freeze inside the structure since it's one piece, and its pre curved to match the contour of the windshield. By all accounts, that style blade will perform better in rain, sleet, or snow than a traditional wiper...

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I have those....wont ever use the old style again. It rains here a lot and they are the best wiper blades you can get. No streaking and they don't chunk up like the others do.

Users who are viewing this thread