Windshield Washer Fluid Squirting Under Hard Acceloration

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Yeah seriously, I am getting about half pressure washer fluid squirting primarily out of the driver side windshield squirter under hard acceleration. Does anyone have any ideas where to even begin to look? I am baffled.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You sure that it is "windshield washer fluid"?

You might want to check you IC pump and make sure its working, because if its not, it would act just as you described "fluid squirting under hard acceleration on the windshield".

It kinda looks like peter north just had a scene on your engine bay, and you would also have some reduction in power....

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Try unplugging the motor and see if still does it.

At least that would narrow it down to some sort of loose connection problem/switch problem/electric demons/etc..

Snake Eyes

Established Member
It most certainly is the windshield washer pump. I removed the fuse last fall and the problem was eliminated and I don't drive the car in the rain if I can help it so I had almost completely forgotten until the other day when I got caught in a little rain with disabled wipers. My best guess is possibly a relay but I'm not even sure which relay is the one to check.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Problem fixed. Turns our the relay for the washer fluid pump is in a relay box next to the fuse box on the interior.

Users who are viewing this thread