Windshield scratching easily

fordrevhead

Established Member
Anyone else notice their windshield scratching very easily? Like day 2 that i drove the car to work a bird crapped on my ws. Like there was a bullseye! I drove home and sprayed it down with the hose, then i soaked with windex and let it sit, washed car, soaked it with soap let it sit, sprayed again, still some there, scrubbed with my fingertips, then more suds and a soft car sponge now i have scratches. I have never seen a ws scratch that easy! I took every precaution... Short of leaving it in the garage.. Lol, pisses me off

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i wonder if the bird crap did something to the finish of the windshield? Try using wax on it, maybe it will buff out. Stop by a glass shop or have a rock hit and get a new one lol

corruptor

Established Member
I got a scratch on my passenger window the first week I got my car. The window tint guy said, for what it's worth, that the glass in Ford vehicles scratch relatively easy in his experience. I buffed it out with some jeweler's rouge.

fordrevhead

Established Member
Regardless its way too soft. My truck is 9 years old it still cleans up perfect. Its fine scratches i bet the bird was scavenging in a parking lot and ate some darn gravel too then was kind enough to place it so accurately on my windshield. I'm going to wax it up and see what happens if not we have a great glass shop thanks

JerryC

Established Member
Yeah, a bird crapped on my WS and i didnt catch it until the next morning. It's etched into the glass..

Got a chip in the WS as well, but I cant say that WS should not have been chipped, can't tell on those things.

A bird flew in front of the car when I was going 70mph, bounced off the WS and took about three seconds to come down to the hwy. Didnt scratch the WS though. I guess that makes us even.

kevinp

Established Member
Seems like the last five, six years or so all the new cars/trucks I've owned the windshield scratches way too easy and get etched bad with bird poop or hard water.

They may be using some kind of coating or its just crappy glass, who knows. I made the mistake of using a gas station squeegee to scrub some bugs off of my old 2007 dmax pickup and for 3.5 years it looked like I took 220 sandpaper to those spots. My 2010 Dodge pickup got nailed on the windshield at a parking garage by like 20 birds and 1.5 years later you can still see where every poop mark is.

I dont remember older cars doing that..

jbur074

Established Member
yeah got 2 rock chips in mine. fixing to replace it with a non-ford windshield.. it wont have the pony above the mirror but i cant go down the road without getting a rock chip

Users who are viewing this thread