Windshield scratches :(

Electrokid

Established Member
I would also like to know the answer to this question. I have a few light scratches on my drivers side window from something that had fallen in the door. I have tried my most aggressive cutting combinations, and they didn't even touch it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
scrape ice off the other side with a brick to even it up

Junkman2008

"Detailing Devil Dog"
Established Member
Before I would try the glass specific products, I would use a rotary and a compound or polish on glass scratches. A rotary can work wonder when used by someone who knows what they are doing. Here's a picture of the damage that my windshield sustained after a van threw a hubcap.

Before:

hubcapdamage1.jpg

hubcapdamage3.jpg

After:

hubcapdamage7.jpg

hubcapdamage6.jpg

crazycarlo

Established Member
I tried my poliser with Meg's 105 and they are still there. I can barely feel some of them with my fingernail. Also whoever had the car before me either etched the glass or left a sticker on there so long it etched it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

crazycarlo

Established Member
I just saw this post again. I have a GG polisher but my buddy has a flex. That stuff looks like it may work. Ill have to give it a try.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
CarPro Ceriglass is what you need. It is an actual glass polish. Read up on it and watch any vids you can find and MOST importantly, follow the directions. It is super messy/slings a lot and it is your windshield clarity we are talking about so be careful!

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ceriglass-kit.html

This stuff is no joke and will get the job done with either a DA or Rotary. Keep in mind more work time is needed with the DA. There are some good guides/threads at Autogeek using Ceriglass. I also recommend the CarPro Glass pads as well. Together they work miracles.

Users who are viewing this thread