Windshield replacement

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Just had a rock hit windshield and of course it busted it and crack is running right into drivers view. Gonna start calling around Tuesday for cost on replacement.

Question is do I go OEM or is aftermarket ok?

Anyone know cost on either of them?

SuperFly03

Established Member
Check Safelite.

I got them to do my F150 when a rock slammed into it. Good service, very timely, good work. On the more expensive side though.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
The OEM will have the mustang logo in the center of the window at the top near the rear view. Aftermarket windshields will not. Just depends on how stock looking you want to keep your car.

SuperFly03

Established Member
The OEM will have the mustang logo in the center of the window at the top near the rear view. Aftermarket windshields will not. Just depends on how stock looking you want to keep your car.

Yup, went through that with the F150. Cost me $100 o keep the "F-150" logo.

GT/CS 2013

SVT Poster
Established Member
Former windshield installer here be careful with who puts in the glass make sure the clean the pinchweld, prime the pinchweld if not you will have rust problems in the future, and make sure it is OEM glass, safelite makes there own glass and it is junk.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys.

Pretty sure I'm gonna stick with OEM so keeps mustang on windshield, unless its a huge cost difference.

Might be lowering insurance deductible after this lesson as well. Just incase it happens again.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Most insurance have one glass replacement for free. I have Statefarm and they did my Z back in 09 when hit by a rock. All it cost me was a day without the car. Said the next time it was on me LOL. All the cars have a one time windshield replacement for road hazard.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Most insurance have one glass replacement for free. I have Statefarm and they did my Z back in 09 when hit by a rock. All it cost me was a day without the car. Said the next time it was on me LOL. All the cars have a one time windshield replacement for road hazard.

SWEET!!! I have State Farm as well so will ask my agent. How did you learn about this because I've never heard of it and they never mentioned it to me. Altho I'm sure wont since would cost them money.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
When I switched from Allstate to Statefarm it was one of the reasons I switched. Its only on my cars with full coverage. The ones with just liability I'm on my own. Came in handy with the z since the windshield's with HUD are more expensive than the ones without

cobraboss

Established Member
had mine replaced at safelite, believe that the carlite glass is going to have the oe look. Ford uses carlite.

einehund

Established Member
If you have full coverage with USAA, they also cover fixing chips or if it needs replaced, one time for that.

Users who are viewing this thread