windows xp pro - user help

RidnRodsLightng

Established Member
My mom is having an issue i can't figure out. Basically the opening "log on" screen annoys her and i can't figure out how to make it go away.

I read up in the help files and it appears the reason I can't get rid of it is because there is more than one "user account" Other than her, the other user is "ASP.NET" I have no idea what this is - any ideas?

This appeared after she had someone come and work on it so i'm not sure if it needs to be there or not....or even what it is.

Mine boots up without any help screen, but i have only one user account.

thanks in advance

lxfiveoh

Established Member
Is her user account set to admin? if not set hers to the admin and you should be able to go in, click change account,delete ASP.NET, then confirm it. Hope this helps

JDStud6

Established Member
what version of .NET is on her pc? I think version 1 made that screen come up, but version 2 allows it to go away. That may be why it came up out of no where, if someone did an update to version 1. You can go to www.windowsupdate.com and do all the updates and that may fix that issue for you.

JD

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Delete or disable all accounts besides your mothers and "Administrator".

I would just disable the ASP.NET account at this point since the system might need it depending on what software she uses.

Remove the password from your mother's account (by making it blank).

That should do the trick.

Basically you need to have only one active account with no password for XP to log-on automatically.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
NyteByte said:
Delete or disable all accounts besides your mothers and "Administrator".

I would just disable the ASP.NET account at this point since the system might need it depending on what software she uses.

Remove the password from your mother's account (by making it blank).

That should do the trick.

Basically you need to have only one active account with no password for XP to log-on automatically.

Go into :

CONTROL PANEL------> USER ACCOUNTS-------->Change way users log on/off.

TURN OFF fast user switching.

Also download a program called "TWEAK UI"
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

use that program to setup auto-login.

Users who are viewing this thread