windows computer help...

mikes93cobra

Established Member
this may be a dumb question, but i have a gateway notebook i got in august, and i recently bought a xbox 360, i was wondering about the windows media center edition. what is that, and how do i get it.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
Yea media center gives the option to hook up your computer to satellite or cable and watch tv on your comp. You can record and also listen to the radio. I dont know if yo can do these with a notebook because it requires a card.

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
supachargd2k5 said:
Yea media center gives the option to hook up your computer to satellite or cable and watch tv on your comp. You can record and also listen to the radio. I dont know if yo can do these with a notebook because it requires a card.

I'm not saying it's better, but do you know what also does this?

ATI All In Wonder(AKA AIW) video card. It does everything you just listed and will normaly come with some good video editing software. Also as long as you get a newer card it will let you play just about any new game maxed out.

JDStud6

Established Member
if your computer comes with media center edition, you most likely have a TV tuner..and if not, its pretty cheap to buy. If your computer has Pro or Home edition...then you'd be better off getting the AIW. I have an AIW i use for watching tv and recording shows basically. My ex gf got her dell in yesterday and I went to set it up for her. Its a laptop with media center, it works pretty well too. Its probably more user friendly from what I saw last night, than my AIW stuff is. But basically they do the same

JD

Users who are viewing this thread