windows 7 problems

NA97GT

Established Member
I just upgraded my hp laptop to win 7 64bit, up from vista 64. When I open hulu or youtube and a video tries to lead up the browser freezes and says "not responding". This happens on both firefox and ie. I downloaded the latest version of flash player and it still wont work.

Chopin

Seeker of Truth
Established Member
Damm. I just got my XP running without freezing up. I am NOT changing Op Sys again. I mean really! What it gonna do for me?

ModularFan

Established Member
Should have done a clean sweep of your driver first. and back up your files then installed windows 7.

musclefan21

Established Member
make sure to download all the drivers and updates.

I did an upgrade and i dont have any problems so dont get under the pressure of clean install.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I downloaded Win7 the day that it was released. I have not had one problem. It's much faster and has many useful new features.

NA97GT

Established Member
Thanks, but I already that that.
Flash player does not support a 64bit browser in windows 7, however, firefox is supposed to be a 32bit browser and should work. I am asking here if anyone who updated to 7 has had similar problems.
Also the software that hp sent me suggested that I do not do a fresh install, they instructed me to follow the update process for best results.

NA97GT

Established Member
I just did an upgrade to win7 home premium 32bit. No issues.
That seems to be the norm with everyone who got the 32bit version, this problem is unique to the 64bit version for some reason.

make sure to download all the drivers and updates.
I
I did an upgrade and i dont have any problems so dont get under the pressure of clean install.
I believe i downloaded all the newest updates, but I can double check they are the latest. Im not going to do a fresh install, I'll load my backup vista data before that.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
Too many problems can(not always) arise and are more likely to occur when straight upgrading. Residual drivers and incompatible files can cripple your system and cause hangups. This is nothing new. Its always been like that when upgrading. Most people wil tell you just to back your data up and start over. Its less of a hassle and will be less of a headache as well.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread