Window washer

kcshelby

Established Member
Ok odd question, my car never really sees rain etc,but the window washer does not work. Never has since I brought the car. What should I look at to fix it?

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Does it even pump? Sometimes it just the little squirters get clogged with dust or such and you can clean them out with a stick pin or small paperclip. I have also seen it where if you never use it the fluid evaporates and then the lines dry out also and it will not pump.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I have to ask the painfully obvious question, are you sure it has fluid?

It would evaporate if you never use it.

Tom

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I took my car out for the first time in a loong time today and as I was driving away into the sun I noticed my windshield was dirty so I pulled the stalk towards me and nothing. I tried it a few more times and nothing. I then thought mine is broken too until I noticed the stalk has to be pushed in then it works as advertised. I have to ask were you pushing the stalk in towards the wheel?

Snoopy49

Established Member
2013WipersandWashers_zps541de16b.gif

evil eye

Established Member
I haven't needed to use the wipers on the GT500 yet, but thankfully my wife has an Edge. A lot of Ford cabin features transfer over between models, like the wipers. The one thing I wish this car did that the Edge does is tapping the turn signal lever results in 3 flashes on the Edge while the Shelby only registers one, which causes me to have to sit on the stalk longer than I'd like while switching lanes. I'm lazy, what can I say.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
The one thing I wish this car did that the Edge does is tapping the turn signal lever results in 3 flashes on the Edge while the Shelby only registers one, which causes me to have to sit on the stalk longer than I'd like while switching lanes. I'm lazy, what can I say.
+1. That would have been a nice feature to include.

kcshelby

Established Member
I still got to find time to take it to the dealer, but the pump does run. I can hear it. Just no fluid comes out.

ThomasL

Established Member
I'm having a problem with mine as well. Just a little bit will kind of drip out and then nothing. Pump problem or clogged up squirter thingy? If you guys have any tips let me know. I'll mess around with it and see if i can figure it out. If not, off to the dealer next week.

Users who are viewing this thread