Window Tinting

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok guys, I have my Cobra scheduled to go in for tint next weekend. Wayne @ VTR will be doing it. My question is, what are legal tint levels for Washington and do you know the RCW's where it is stated. What tint does anyone/everyone have on their cars. What % tint do you suggest?

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
35% is lowest you can do legally in WA
but they give you 3% mercy
so you can practically do 32%
how much did they quote ya and what kinda film do they use?
i can possible get you a better deal through some place else..

let me know

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
team23jordan said:
35% is lowest you can do legally in WA
but they give you 3% mercy
so you can practically do 32%
how much did they quote ya and what kinda film do they use?
i can possible get you a better deal through some place else..

let me know

My son got the Mach done the other day, looks real good. They quoted a price of $200 for sides and back 'cause we are getting the Mach, the Cobra, the F-150 and the BMW done. I believe they use Llumar (sp?). Where is the place you are thinking of. In the past everyone said VTR and Wayne are the place to go.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
They are the place to go.... I will be getting Marcs car done there on Thursday. Just do 20% all the way around and you will be ok, thats what I have always done and never got in trouble for it.

Rick

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Give them a call, just let them know that you are apart of the Cobra club. Also, dont forget to get black vinal on the microdots on the back window....

VTR - 425-267-9797

Rick

Tylerb59

Established Member
I ran 15% (tinted by VTR) and a loud exhaust on my GT and never had trouble.

Dean (DeeJayA) owns it now, and hasn't had any trouble other then a speeding ticket. :D

The Cobra has 15% on the rear from VTR, but the tint on the sides is somewhere close to that (came with the car).

You'd have to be doing something extraordinary to be pulled over and receive an infraction for tint. It's a secondary offense, but you'd have to have really upset the officer for him to bust out the minor offenses.

Just make sure you roll down both windows if you're ever pulled over.

VTR does a great job with their tint.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
I had mine done at Midnite on Aurora Ave in Seattle. Mine was $220 plus tax. I have 20 on the back 3, and 35 on the 2 fronts. They also shaved the tint even with the window edges so there's no gap. Very happy with the tint on mine.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yeah, He will break out the file and shave the edges off the corners too....just got Marcs car done there yesterday....looks great..

Rick

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
RickSvt said:
They are the place to go.... I will be getting Marcs car done there on Thursday. Just do 20% all the way around and you will be ok, thats what I have always done and never got in trouble for it.

Rick

He'll also give you a military discount as well. :thumbsup:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Got the Cobra tinted yesterday, looks real good. Wayne at VTR did a great job even though they were backed up that day. Can't wait for it to fully "cure" and I can roll down the windows again. Initially there are, what appears to be bubbles, in the film, but those go away after several days. So far I am very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread