Window Tint

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
bonnie and clydes on Harry Hines. Its a little gangster but its a great place for anything, they have great deals. You can also pay cash and get whatever % tint that you want.

Bonnie & Clyde's CB Stereo

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
While that may be true, don't forget there is a law on what % of tint you can put on the front windows. Installing illegal tint comes with a hefty fine!

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
While that may be true, don't forget there is a law on what % of tint you can put on the front windows. Installing illegal tint comes with a hefty fine!

Agreed, but you forget how often Texas changes.

I used to live near the Texas/Oklahoma border and got my car tinted to the legal limit in OK at the time of 15% all around, Texas's law at the time was 20%. Fortunately, I never got any guff from cops. Fast forward to last year, I get my Cobra re-tinted due to some peeling.

I told the guy to make them as dark as he could and he said, "Ok I can do 20% on the sides and 5% on the quarter windows and back glass." That was perfectly fine with my because I knew the 5% on the back windows would make the tint seem darker.

Then I go to get an inspection at my family friend's Chevy dealership, they always pass me in less than 5 minutes, until this time when they said my tint was illegal, tint reader said 16%. They said the legal limit is 25% and I said bullsh!t, I got these windows tinted less than 6 months ago and it was tinted to 20% which was legal. They said, well the law changed about 2 months ago, I can't pass you unless you take this off or get it re-tinted lighter.

Long story short, I argued that I can't stay up to date with all the ****ing changes to the law in Texas unless they send me a memo or something and there was no way I was re-tinting my almost brand new re-tint....

They passed me. :dancenana:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Lol, actually I do know how (often) the laws change. Why? Because I enforce the law. If they passed you when it was illegal then that's on them and if one of my trooper friends catch it we can trace down the inspector and cite them.
As a matter of fact, I caught one last month who illegally passed it and wrote the inspector. We have a court date, with a sworn statement from the person who had his vehicle inspected saying it was passed with the tint on. What do you think will be the outcome wil be?

Users who are viewing this thread