Window Tint??

cobravenom99

Established Member
Hey i want to get my windows tinted, i want them pretty dark, but i was reading other threads and alot of people wer complaining that they got thers too dark and it sucks to drive at night. I want it dark enough, but i still wanna be able to out my back window and dont want to have a hard time driving at night. Any Suggestions on what level to get??? I live in jersey and i dont know whats legal, but it doesnt bother me if its not legal.

mustangman36578

Established Member
a good combo for if you want it to look dark but still see out of it would be 25% on the fronts and 15% on the back. to get an idea of the darkness the stock tint for SUVs on the rear windows is 17% and you can still see for the most part out of the rear window and it looks better than going with 25% or 30% all around.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
In Illinois land of Osama you can have 0% on the roll ups. I am still going to do it soon. I have tinted windows on all my cars, I have on every car I have owned.
I just for some reason haven't blacked out the Cobra yet. I say go for it Limo 360 D.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
In Illinois land of Osama you can have 0% on the roll ups. I am still going to do it soon. I have tinted windows on all my cars, I have on every car I have owned.
I just for some reason haven't blacked out the Cobra yet. I say go for it Limo 360 D.

New Jersey Tint Law:
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/NJ/ NO tint on the front side windows, any tint on the back window and rear side windows.

In spite of what you say here Illinois law is the same as New Jersey. NO tint on the front roll ups. anything on the rear quarters and back.

I was unable to find any website stating anything different for illinois

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
New Jersey Tint Law:
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/NJ/ NO tint on the front side windows, any tint on the back window and rear side windows.

In spite of what you say here Illinois law is the same as New Jersey. NO tint on the front roll ups. anything on the rear quarters and back.

I was unable to find any website stating anything different for illinois

That is what I said no tint on front rolls anything you want on quarters and back glass. You also can not put a brow on the front windshield.
EDIT: Unless you have a serious eye condition and you have to get a special plate. Trust me I know my state's tint law as I have talked to many officers on this issue.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
That is what I said no tint on front rolls anything you want on quarters and back glass. You also can not put a brow on the front windshield.
EDIT: Unless you have a serious eye condition and you have to get a special plate. Trust me I know my state's tint law as I have talked to many officers on this issue.

Not to pick nits too badly but your wording sucked :dw: when talking about tint in a percentage you are talking about the amount of light transmittance. So your saying 0% means limo tint not no tint.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Not to pick nits too badly but your wording sucked :dw: when talking about tint in a percentage you are talking about the amount of light transmittance. So your saying 0% means limo tint not no tint.

Okay you got me on that one I was saying 0% as in ZERO-NONE.

Hardcore

Established Member

Ohhhhh.... well, if a cop told you, then it must be true. :rolleyes: Cops rarely know what they're talking about. If you wanna know what the law says, read it. Don't ask a cop.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Ohhhhh.... well, if a cop told you, then it must be true. :rolleyes: Cops rarely know what they're talking about. If you wanna know what the law says, read it. Don't ask a cop.

I looked the laws up on the interweb. And Illinois State Troopers know the Law trust me.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have 5% on the back three windows and 15% on the front side windows. I can see fine even at night. But that could be because I live in California and have street lights every 5 feet.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
another +1 to 20% all around. I have it and its not bad at night. Never been tagged in PA for it even though the limit is 65%:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread