Window tint

11gtcs

Established Member
I am wanting to get my driver, passenger and back 3 windows tinted but I'm not sure how dark i should go. I'm thinking 35% on all 5 windows maybe 25%. Post up pics and tint percentage if you've got all 5 windows done especially if your car is black. Hopefully some pictures will help me make my decision.

jp1seattle

Established Member
20 is pretty good for black. For some reason it doesn't look as dark on a black car! Lol

I'll upload a pic when I get home.

Vert

Established Member
20% on my last stang.
20140824951537141-1.jpg

zw470

Established Member
Not a Mustang (haven't had mine done yet, although it does need it) but this is Suntek Carbon 18%

de0aaa7b.gif

9TMAREEE

Established Member
I got 30% all around on mine and its just dark enough to look good but you can still see inside mostly. If I where to do it again Id go 20% on the sides and 5% on the rear window like I have on my daily, then no one can see inside lol

Last edited:

11gtcs

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. When I got my last two vehicles tinted, I got 5% on the back windows and 35% on the driver/passenger windows. It looked good that way and with the 5% in the back it made the fronts look pretty dark too so it blended quite well. As much as I liked that setup, I don't think I want to go that dark with my mustang and would like to try the same tint on all five windows.

Zw470, that 18% looks too dark, maybe because the sunshade thingy under the windshield but, thanks for sharing.

Jp1seattle, I would like to see some pictures.

Vert, I think that's close to the look I'm after.

9tmareee, please post pictures of you car with 30% all around.

jp1seattle

Established Member
Llumar 20%.....not quite as dark as it sounds as you can see in the pics. I originally was going to go lighter but I'm glad I didn't.

11gtcs

Established Member
Jp1seattle, your car looks sick and thanks for the pics.

I think that 20% all around looks pretty good but would still like to see some pictures of cars with 25%, 30%, and 35% tint all around, or even maybe 15%-20% rears with 25%-35% fronts. Does anyone else have pictures they would like to share?

Users who are viewing this thread