Window Tint Spray Stained Door Panel?

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Friend got his windows tinted by a relative. He got the car back and it looks like milk was spilled all over his drivers side door panel... More along the door jam (didn't see when initially got the car back). We are having difficulty removing it. We've tried various all purpose cleaners to no avail. Now we are trying to mask it with heavy coats of armor all. Seems to be helping a bit. Haven't found any help on YouTube or google cleaning tint residue off a door or dash... Only Windows after removing the tint. Any ideas? Thanks...

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Is it a plastic door panel?

It could be adhesive residue. Usually just water stains from when they spray the glass...

Electrokid

Established Member
I have never heard of a spray window tint, but usually when tinters apply the film to the windows, they use some kind of soap with a lot of lubrication. My window tint guy uses Johnson's baby soap. I usually notice a few streaks afterwards where the water/soap mixture has dripped down due to the squeegeeing. The reason it could look like milk is because of the water evaporating, and just leaving a white soap residue.
I would call the relative, and ask what he used for his soap mixture, and then take it from there.

Users who are viewing this thread