window removal

kevin

ok, i got bored in this snow storm and went to the barn today.

looked at the r and thot - to much weight - so i started to remove the door panels and the window and it's motor.

so, i started, dang if i didn't get everything disconnected figuring i'd just pull the whole dang thing right up thru the window opening. well, it ain't so easy (prob is and i'm not seeing it). got everything pulled up and can't figure out how to get the motor up thru the window slot. two bolts attached to the motor won't make it thru (looks like their welded to the motor flange and you just remove the nuts to get it loose from the door).

so, what's the trick here boys?

got the window hanging loose, but still connected, leaning against the car.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Hey Kev,

The older (white) cars have a large (8-10") kinda square hole about 12"s from the motor to the rear of the door, for easy motor removal. I havn't seen a newer '00R door, but it should be the same as '94-'98. I assume you have the window in the up position. Maybe that's part of the high tech you paid $20K extra for. :poke: .

kevin

well, it's done.

they're off the car and in storage.

per door weights:

window = 12.5 pounds
motor and metal parts = 8.5 pounds
door panel and misc plastics = 10 pounds

so, 62 pounds off

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
well, it's done.

they're off the car and in storage.

per door weights:

window = 12.5 pounds
motor and metal parts = 8.5 pounds
door panel and misc plastics = 10 pounds

so, 62 pounds off

Well, there you go!!!! :thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
you ought to try it.

who needs those stink'n windows anyway :D

My situation will not allow it Kevin. When I make a "Road Trip" to say Watkins Glen or VIR, I have to make a sales call with the car to be able to write my trip off. Can you imagine me pulling up to Anheuser-Busch or Miller Brewing in the pouring rain, and I'm soaking wet from not having any side windows in the car and meeting with the Maintenance Manager? It would not be too pretty?!?! ;-)

I already get some crazy looks as it is?!! :eek: I just pray none of my customers ever want me to take them out to lunch?!?! :dw: Now THAT would be interesting?!?! :lol: Get in, sit down, shut up, hang on!!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread