Window Rattle

DSGNator

Established Member
Ever since I've had my 03 Cobra I've been just dealing with all the noises it makes. It's got a solid axle swap with some mild drive line vibration that I've learned to deal with. But there's one particular rattle that has gotten louder over time and now I'm trying to track it down to fix it. It sounds a lot to me like glass on metal. It only occurs between 55 - 65 mph. It seems to be coming from around the area where the rear deck cover, drivers side rear quarter panel (guessing it's called that), and the rear glass all meet up. I originally tried stuffing folded up paper towels between all the interior panels to quiet them down, but I couldn't get rid of this particular rattle. So then I started removing as much of the rear deck area and interior panels as I could and I'd drive the car around after removing each piece to see if it was the culprit. So far I've got an almost entirely bare back seat/interior area and the rattle is STILL there! I'm beginning to think that the seal between the back glass and the metal of the car is going bad and is allowing them to make contact and produce the rattle. This is something I'm experiencing with the windshield as well. While there's no rattle coming from the windshield, it does leak water when I take it through a car wash. That's just my current theory though. I'm considering having both the windshield and the back glass resealed and pray to God that stops this rattle. Has anyone experienced any issues with the glass in their Terminator?

Users who are viewing this thread