Window left down in rainstorm

kfnichols

Established Member
Okay I had rolled both windows down last night and like an idiot I only rolled up the driver's side window. Thing is that it rained all night long and when I got in my car this morning you can imagine my dispair when I relized what I had done. I soaked up most of the water in the floorboard and tried my best to soak up the water in the passanger's seat and the back seat. My question is has any one experienced this and what else can I do. I am thinking about going to a car wash and using their vacs to suck out some more water in the seats, also I was thinking about geting a heat gun or a hairdryer to dry the seat out some more. I am worried that the inserts in the seat may get stained and I am wanting to avoid the mildew smell.

Thanks in advance,
Kelvin

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
Tough break, but it happens. I have had this happen before and simply put a bunch of towels in the areas that got wet. Don't rub or press down too firmly, but get the towels down good. The towels will draw the moisture natually. Of course, it's not going to get all of it, so park in the sun if you can and it will draw up. You can dry it with a hairdryer, but you can dryrot padding, etc if you dry it too quickly. After you get the carpet dry, use some "Resolve" on it. In my experience it helped some in removing the damp smell and preventing mildew. Don't use "Resolve" on the seats if they're cloth unless some dirt rises to the top. Resolve is granular, so you'll need to vacuum extensively. This may help some, but may not be the total solution. GOOD LUCK.

kfnichols

Established Member
Thanks,
It dried out pretty well today, I put down extra towls for tonight. I will hit the carpet with resolve tomorow. I did notice that it was getting a slight odor but hopefully the resolve will help with that. Thanks again

Kelvin

Users who are viewing this thread