Window Issue....

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
My drivers side window doesnt go up or down. This just happened i shut the car off, then started it and it wont go anywhere. However my passanger side goes up and down? Obviously it cant be the motor. I was thinking maybe the fuse? but wouldnt they both go out? I need ideas?

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
With the key on that the passenger window has power, slam the driver door while holding the close window button on your driver door. This sometimes works, but your driver side motor (it's called a regulator for some reason) should be replaced.

It's not all that common of a problem, but it happened to mine.

Mike

trubluecobra

eh?
Established Member
EatonEggbeater said:
With the key on that the passenger window has power, slam the driver door while holding the close window button on your driver door. This sometimes works, but your driver side motor (it's called a regulator for some reason) should be replaced.

Mike
+1
This happened to me 3 times in my 01 and slamming the door while holding the button fixed it every time

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
EatonEggbeater said:

Mike

Actually this is a LOT more common that you would think. I had the issue in my 02GT and took it to the dealer since it was still under warranty. The service guys the first time in told me about the "slam the door while holding the button down trick". It worked for me for awhile and then they had to replace the motor. the service guys told me it was pretty common.

Users who are viewing this thread