Wilwoods

Jenkins

Established Member
I was interested in seeing if anyone has put big wilwoods all the way around. I was looking for the next mod and thought about nice big slotted and drill red wilwoods would look and preform great. Thanks.

sadil

Established Member
Wilwood offers two options.

1. Wilwood High-Performance Disc Brakes - Search Part No: 10159
2. W4A kit

The first kit is floating type and can be used on the track. However, it is only offered as a 12.88" rotor.
The second kit is non-floating type, meant for street application, and will cause piston knock-back during hard cornering.

If you want bigger options for the front, besides Ford Racing's GT500 kit, Stoptech makes a BBK with 15" rotors for the front. Unfortunately, they have nothing for the rear because they havnt got around to solving the knock-back problem.

86Fbody

Established Member
Baer Brakes has a floater conversion but I don't think you would ever need that for the track. Also, since you said you were looking at drilled rotors, I have heard most people that track their cars try to stay away from drilled because you will get micro cracks around the holes.

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
its just my experience that other brands bring a better and more reliable product.
brembo, stoptech, performance friction, and baer all make aftermarket brake kits for mustang.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
its just my experience that other brands bring a better and more reliable product.
brembo, stoptech, performance friction, and baer all make aftermarket brake kits for mustang.

What do you think of Stoptech vs. Brembo kits?

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i am on a budget. ford racing's relationship makes getting the brembo gear easier. i have always heard good things about the stoptech stuff. that said grand am conti mustang teams dont seem interested in upgrading to stoptech. they as a rule go with performance friction if they go away from brembo.

so....using that as a gauge, i would go brembo or pfc

AZBOSS

Established Member
I guess the real question based on the variety of response here is "What do you want to do with this upgraded brake system?"

I'm with TXPD on Brembo/PFC/StopTech if you're intending to take the car to road course events/open track.

Drag racing/looking good I'm sure the Wilwoods would be fine.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Talked to a lot of guys about this issue and did my research....
Decided on Stoptech Red caliper system. (Same system that ROUSH puts thier name on)

Ordered them form Hyper Motive Performance.com and got a GREAT deal!

STP_82_ST40_71_330x330.jpg

Once I run through these rotors and Pads I will be upgrading to the 2-pc rotors from FullTiltBoogie Racing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread