Wilwood Brake Install Question

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Guys, I'm in the middle of installing my 13" 6P Wilwood kit. It came with a set of lines & the adapters for them.

My issue is the adapter from the SS flex line to the factory hard line does not fit through the factory holder braket. There is a small nub that holds the adapter on the factory line in place, but this is in the way of the Wilwood adapter.

Now I know I can easily grind it down (1/16" at most) but I wanted to check if anyone else ran into this issue, or if for some reason I have the wrong adapters.

Additionally the factory spring clip (U-clip that holds the adapter to the factory braket) isn't tight at all on the Wilwood adapter but is tight on the factory adapter. I'm guessing this will be tighter when the spring force is working on it, but also checking if this is different from anyone else. Thanks!

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Nevermind, I found a note I wrote to myself when I got SS lines for my 03 GT that I needed to grind the tabs and the spring clip doesn;t fit until the line is in place. Sooooo I'm dumb. But the brakes are on, they work great, look bad-ass, and pics will be posted soon.

Todd TCE

Established Member
Next time....get a proper hose kit without adapters that is specific to the chassis brackets and such. Even being a long time dealer I avoid most of the factory hose kits....and trust me; I keep beating them up on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread