Wilson’s 6 piston Caliper with AFS reps

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I know, another damn big brake thread.
I am ready to pull the trigger on a 14” set of Wilwoods for the car. I am running 18” AFS reps. Hoping someone out there in SVT land is running the same combo and can confirm that the are no fitment issues. Any info would be appreciated. I haven’t made the brake purchase yet so if anyone out there has a better combo I would love to hear about it. Pros?,Cons?

Albatross

Established Member
I have Brembo 14” brakes behind my 18” AFS reps and they clear. I think the wilwoods have a smaller profile.

I was discussing this with another member a while ago. We were trying to find out if the Cosmis xt05r would fit around the Brembos. After some research and finding spec sheets we determined that the wilwoods cleared and the brembos do not because the brembo caliper is larger.

I know this isn’t exactly the information you’re looking for but hopefully it will be of some help.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have Brembo 14” brakes behind my 18” AFS reps and they clear. I think the wilwoods have a smaller profile.

I was discussing this with another member a while ago. We were trying to find out if the Cosmis xt05r would fit around the Brembos. After some research and finding spec sheets we determined that the wilwoods cleared and the brembos do not because the brembo caliper is larger.

I know this isn’t exactly the information you’re looking for but hopefully it will be of some help.
Certainly helps, I thank you for your info. What is your opinion of the Brembos?

PC03GT

Established Member
The brembos get the job done, but I'd imagine the wilwoods are better. The brembos are 100 times better than stock, but sometimes will get that bird on a perch feeling if you have to brake suddenly or hard

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I-was under the impression the Brembos were the cream of the crop, interesting that you think the Wilwoods may be better. Looks like I I am going to wait till next month to order them, spent too much money this month

PC03GT

Established Member
I-was under the impression the Brembos were the cream of the crop, interesting that you think the Wilwoods may be better. Looks like I I am going to wait till next month to order them, spent too much money this month
Are you talking about the 4 piston 2000 cobra R brakes??

Albatross

Established Member
What is your opinion of the Brembos?

I like the Brembos a lot. I have Hawk hps pads in them and when they get some heat in them it STOPS!! They have saved my ass a few times. I’m running the radial mount F40 4 piston calipers. GT500 rotors. Nothing too fancy but it works very well. Same or similar kit that FTBR used to sell back in day.

I’ve driven a couple cars with wilwood setups. Didn’t really get too crazy with them because they did not belong to me. The wilwoods performed very well also. One thing I did notice is it is easier to modulate the braking with the Brembos. Other than that very similar performance.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I like the Brembos a lot. I have Hawk hps pads in them and when they get some heat in them it STOPS!! They have saved my ass a few times. I’m running the radial mount F40 4 piston calipers. GT500 rotors. Nothing too fancy but it works very well. Same or similar kit that FTBR used to sell back in day.

I’ve driven a couple cars with wilwood setups. Didn’t really get too crazy with them because they did not belong to me. The wilwoods performed very well also. One thing I did notice is it is easier to modulate the braking with the Brembos. Other than that very similar performance.
Thanks for the info! Pretty much exactly what I was hoping to hear. Going to have to get off my ass and get them ordered in the next few days

Users who are viewing this thread