Will TVS/Whipple fit under the 2013 hood

OneSVTFan

Established Member
I have a 2013 GT ordered and plan to install the VMP Roush TVS and was wondering for those who have seen the 2013 GT in person do you think the TVS will fit under the stock 2013 hood. Hopefully this was considered in the hood design but I am not counting on that.

OneSVTFan

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback cdog but would you care to elaborate on your response....is that your opinion or do you have some information from a reliable source...have you seen one in person? Not questioning you just trying to make a decision on ordering a new 2013 GT or putting the TVS on the 2011 GT I have.

kevinp

Established Member
Myself I would call Roush and ask, they are tight with Ford and I'm sure they are working on a 2013 5XR and/or kit if anything needs to be changed.

There is a ton of room with the 2011-12 hood, my guess is it would fit but you never know..

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
It may appear to fit under the hood but who knows what other changes there are that may affect an install. Your best bet is to wait until the 2013 is released and the parts are subsequently tested.

OneSVTFan

Established Member
Thanks Kevin for the suggestion on calling Roush....will do that. By the way just up I81 from you in Kingsport. Do you still have the Steeda front springs? As I recall you did not install the front only the back.

kevinp

Established Member
Thanks Kevin for the suggestion on calling Roush....will do that. By the way just up I81 from you in Kingsport. Do you still have the Steeda front springs? As I recall you did not install the front only the back.

If I was basing a supercharger buying decision on whether it fit or not I would call the source, as far as I know no one has a 2013 and a TVS on here :)

I just bought the Roush rear springs to level it out, never had a Steeda springs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread