Will this work?

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I cut out some templates of the grills to make some drag grills. My bro-inlaw makes signs out of corrugated plastic and will make the grill covers and put in some grommets that I plan to use toggle bolts to attach to the grills. Do ya'll think these will work, or is it a waste of time and material? My other bro-inlaw works for a sign company that makes signs for fast food joints, the ones up on the poles, and could maybe get him to make them, but he would have to charge me and I'm a cheap bastige.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
That's what I was thinking, but I don't know if that material will be sturdy enough to not bow in and catch air,and he can put any design on it I want, like a lightning bolt.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Roll of tape could work too, then when your in the pits you can make air gun sounds and stuff like your at a NASCAR race. Just make sure you roll of tape doesnt roll out into pit road or you will get a penalty

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
fishin-nole said:
That's what I was thinking, but I don't know if that material will be sturdy enough to not bow in and catch air,and he can put any design on it I want, like a lightning bolt.
make a few braces on the back of it made out of aluminum, and maybe rivet the material to the braces:pepper: ...

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
i dont see why it would change shape since you are going to place them OVER the stock grilles. that should be enough support.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Bro-inlaw say's the material will be stronger the smaller the piece is so, with 4-6 toggle bolts for each grill and washers front and back it should work out good.

Users who are viewing this thread