Will This Work On MY 03 Cobra?????

baby2000

Established Member
I found this on Craigslist and i was wondering if it will work so that i can do a swap? Also will this unit hold up to 600 to the wheels? Thanks for the help.

BRAND NEW ...I have an 8.8 inch Trak-Lok rear end assembly with 3.55 gears in it. Ford Racing part number is M-4006-B355, and is compatible with all 87-93 Ford Mustangs, and will most likely work in any Ford product that came from the factory with a 7.5" or 8.8" rear end. It has never been installed in any car. It was supposed to go into a car project that I was building, but that project didn't quite pan out.I paid over $900.00 when I went to pick it up from Ford, but am willing to let it go for $600.00 No trades.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I was always under the impression the Terminator came equipped from the factory with an Eaton Trak-lok.

Is the 7.5" posi carrier the same as an 8.8?

Now I'm all screwed-up :dw:

Tango7

Established Member
I was always under the impression the Terminator came equipped from the factory with an Eaton Trak-lok.

Is the 7.5" posi carrier the same as an 8.8?

Now I'm all screwed-up :dw:

No a 7.5 is smaller than the 8.8.

I do not believe that the rear end will work on a 01- 04 car, because the foxbody is not as wide as the 01-04 car in the rear.

Digital

Established Member
If you send your diff back to tousley they will sell you a brand new diff for about 1/5th that cost. Then you can shim it and gear to make it beefier, again at a fraction of the cost of that unit. There are cars running over 2k hp with that type of setup.

Last edited:

Speed Demon

Established Member
That is a complete rear end assy, minus axles, not just the carrier.

Yes that will work in a 03 Cobra. You will need axles from a 94-98 GT/Cobra, rear brake mounting brackets and anti-moan brackets from a 94-98 Cobra and ABS wheel speed sensors from any 94-04 solid axle mustang, as well as upper and lower control arms, springs, shocks and sway bar.

The only problem with that is its a 28 spline carrier, which with the power you're making will snap. Throw a 31 spline carrier in there and reuse your pinion flange, or get a new 03/04 Cobra pinion flange, and you'll be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread