Will this void warr?

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I want to get a few after market gauges Oil pressure/ Temp, Trans Temp ,Boost More to come. Just wanting to know doing things to the motor could it void my warranty. I want to know everything about my motor all the time , And while im at it What else would be a good idea to keep an eye on A/F ??? Dont be shy speak up THanks Steve

SVT4ME

Established Member
Nothing voids your warrenty until Ford can prove it was the cause. The problem is that instead of even looking at the car and inspecting anything they just say it's the cause, ESP I guess. Then you have to hire a lawyer and fight them in court all the while your wasting more money than it would have cost to just fix it. I would think the mods your doing wouldn't but unless you mess up on the install. But how could you on some gauges. Make sure there are no leaks and you should be fine. You could always call your service manager and get his take.

03DOHC

Established Member
I hate to say it, but you can wave the MM Act in their face all you want. If they are going to void your warranty they will and your only recourse is to sue them.

We have a guy on this board with a 100% stock 03 Cobra. He took it in because his idle was rough. They pulled the plugs and told him he had run octane booster and they refused to work on his car under warranty even though he said he had not.

Your best bet is to ask the Service Manager at the dealer you intend to take your car to for warranty work. They will probably charge you if they have to remove your non-stock part to get to something they are fixing under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread