will this setup work with E85?

ryan319

Established Member
Sorry of this has been discussed but the search function hasn't worked in forever.

I'm going back on forth about switching to E85 or running Meth. My fuel system is stock pumps, KB dual BAP, 72lb injectors, Evolution fuel rails with an -8an crossover. Will this setup support E85 or do I need more injector? ID1000's?

My other option is a meth kit.

I'm currently running about 730 to the tire. There's probably not much room left to up the power, I'm just looking at E85 or Meth for the safety factor. I will obviously retune and maybe look for a few more horsepower but not trying to max out. I'd like to keep the motor together.

Zemedici

Established Member
You'll need more injector (most likely, every car is different, gotta check Injector Duty Cycle to see) and pumps for sure

And I tend to steer away from Methanol injection, as if you rely on it solely for cooling, and it fails (pump goes out, leak develops in lines, you run dry) there's not many 'failsafes' ya know?

I'd up the fuel system and put it on E85. You'll make much more power than you will with meth, its safer, and you'll already be setup for more power down the road. If you want more power (as we all eventually do) you'll still have to up the fuel system down the road vs already having it done.

Just my .02

ryan319

Established Member
I'd up the fuel system and put it on E85. You'll make much more power than you will with meth, its safer, and you'll already be setup for more power down the road. If you want more power (as we all eventually do) you'll still have to up the fuel system down the road vs already having it done.

By upping the fuel system are you talking the injectors, or the whole thing? pumps, lines, injectors? my rails should be sufficient.

This is the problem I was having with E85 or I would have switched already. To upgrade the entire system to a return style is like $2000, plus $1000 for the injectors, then the cost to retune. All that doesn't seem worth it with a stock motor. If I could just switch to ID1000's and keep the horsepower around 750, but gain the safety margin that would be worth it.

jazz

Established Member
Some members here are running e85 with id1000s and Bap. Its doable, its good for mid to high 700s

devilish64

Established Member
Some members here are running e85 with id1000s and Bap. Its doable, its good for mid to high 700s

It is doable...... but what would you do if you were going E85???? Don't skimp on fuel parts on an engine that cost what ours do or you might just end up spending much more later on

Joewee500

Established Member
Dual pump return system with id1000s. I had a triple pump setup with 72s and was told it wouldn't keep up on e85.

builttodrive

Established Member
My mods are in my sig. I have VMP dual Baps, ID1000 injectors, DW300M pumps in the stock hat, Fore fuel rails, on E85. I am at about 90% fuel pump duty cycle around the 6,400 RPM range and roughly 16 PSI. I'm probably at the max to feel comfortable before going to a return system and going bigger on the pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread