will this pass calif smog

svt4cobra6

Hi I have a 91 mustang notchback with a 351w with all the smog equipment as well as a high flow catted pipe. Just wondering if this will pass calif smog, passed fine in Nevada, thanks.

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
you need to go to a ref and have them process it for an engine change. a 351W was never offered that model year in a mustang, so that will complicate things.

+1, the correct way is to go to a referee station.
It SHOULDN'T pass like that, but some places might pass you. good luck

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if it only goes throught the sniffer, an the tech cant tell the difference between a 351w and a 302w, you should be good. you just need to make sure you burn clean. some techs may want you to have 4 cats thoe.

Krwy

Established Member
As long as it passes the sniffer. Don't say anything about the 351. If the tech can tell its a 351, I would be surprised, not many can tell just by looking at it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
o and the high flow's might fail visual. on Jan 1, CA started requiring direct fit CARB approved cats for OBD1 cars as well as OBD2.

yup

As long as it passes the sniffer. Don't say anything about the 351. If the tech can tell its a 351, I would be surprised, not many can tell just by looking at it.

an yup

Users who are viewing this thread