Will this make 700whp?

MercuryLs

Established Member
23psi of Boost on...

- 4.6 DOHC b series heads (stock)
- 97 Cobra Cams
- Ported Cobra Intake w/ modified runners
- Built 4.6 DOHC (Manley Rods, Probe Pistons, Cobra Crank, ARP Everything)
- Vortech V2 Si-trim Supercharger Kit (non-intercooled)
- Procharger BIG RED BOV
- Custom Powerpipe
- Snow Performance stage 2 Methanol Injection w/ Twin 625ml Nozzles. One PRE-blower, ONE POST-blower
- Innovators West 18% overdrive pulley
- RR 3.1 Blower pulley
- 8-rib Conversion
- Accufab sigle blade TB
- MMR IMRC Deletes
- Meziere Electric Water Pump
- SCT BA2800 MAF
- Kooks Headers w/ 3" collectors
- Custom 3" pipes from collectors y-piped into the 3.5" cutout
- 3.5" Electric cutout
- Custom Twin 255lpm fuel pumps
- 80lb Injectors
- Kenne Bell Boost a Spark
- MSD wires
- MSD Coil Pack
- Deleted Emissions crap
- 180* Thermostat
- Mild Built 4r70w Tranny w/ a TransGo Shift kit
- Edge 3500 stall
- 3.73 gears

KB_GT

Potato Peeler
Established Member
700??? maybe on low boost. 23 psi and you will be making close to 1200!

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
23psi of Boost on...

- 4.6 DOHC b series heads (stock)
- 97 Cobra Cams
- Ported Cobra Intake w/ modified runners
- Built 4.6 DOHC (Manley Rods, Probe Pistons, Cobra Crank, ARP Everything)
- Vortech V2 Si-trim Supercharger Kit (non-intercooled)
- Procharger BIG RED BOV
- Custom Powerpipe
- Snow Performance stage 2 Methanol Injection w/ Twin 625ml Nozzles. One PRE-blower, ONE POST-blower
- Innovators West 18% overdrive pulley
- RR 3.1 Blower pulley
- 8-rib Conversion
- Accufab sigle blade TB
- MMR IMRC Deletes
- Meziere Electric Water Pump
- SCT BA2800 MAF
- Kooks Headers w/ 3" collectors
- Custom 3" pipes from collectors y-piped into the 3.5" cutout
- 3.5" Electric cutout
- Custom Twin 255lpm fuel pumps
- 80lb Injectors
- Kenne Bell Boost a Spark
- MSD wires
- MSD Coil Pack
- Deleted Emissions crap
- 180* Thermostat
- Mild Built 4r70w Tranny w/ a TransGo Shift kit
- Edge 3500 stall
- 3.73 gears
doubt it.
no.

tistan

Established Member
I don't think a s trim will even make 23psi. If it does you would have to be spinning way past the 52000 rpm max rated speed of an s trim. That means you would be way out of the efficiency range of that blower. If you did away with the meth, dropped the boost to 18#, then hit it with 100 shot of spray you might see 700rwhp.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Dude I have a T-trim you will be way overspinning that blower sorry bro.. look into a YSI if you wanna spin that high the Si trim is less than a T-trim bro. you will make 23psi but not 700rwhp and if you do your intake temps will be crazy high and your bearings in your blower won't last long at all.

95SC

Banned
Good luck running 23psi on SI- trim, it will fall apart quickly at that psi level.You have no intercooler ,if the blowers takes a dump your motor goes as well.You won't make more then 600 rwhp through auto with that size blower.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I do have a quick question pertaining to boost and deals a bit with this situation and over spinning. Lets say I have a Vortech SCi-trim w/ the aftercooler (which I do) and its rated for 17psi max and whatever rpm (cant remember)...

Okay, well lets say I've got a pulley that makes 16psi of boost, I have no belt slip, etc and all the supporting mods. Now lets say I add a powerpipe which is rated to increase boost 2-3psi...suddenly I'm getting 18psi. Am I now overspinning the blower or is the increased flow that helps the boost not affect the actual spinning of the blower and the pulley whcih is spinning at a specific rpm. hope that makes sense.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Not this.
Look into a F1-R .....and re-think your intake
This.
Dude I have a T-trim you will be way overspinning that blower sorry bro.. look into a YSI if you wanna spin that high the Si trim is less than a T-trim bro. you will make 23psi but not 700rwhp and if you do your intake temps will be crazy high and your bearings in your blower won't last long at all.
that and you have an auto so definatley no 700rwhp.. sorry bud
Both of these.
700rwhp with auto is like making 900rwhp with stick shift so no your vortech smaller blower won't make it , sorry.
This.
Good luck running 23psi on SI- trim, it will fall apart quickly at that psi level.You have no intercooler ,if the blowers takes a dump your motor goes as well.You won't make more then 600 rwhp through auto with that size blower.
And this.

tistan

Established Member
I do have a quick question pertaining to boost and deals a bit with this situation and over spinning. Lets say I have a Vortech SCi-trim w/ the aftercooler (which I do) and its rated for 17psi max and whatever rpm (cant remember)...

Okay, well lets say I've got a pulley that makes 16psi of boost, I have no belt slip, etc and all the supporting mods. Now lets say I add a powerpipe which is rated to increase boost 2-3psi...suddenly I'm getting 18psi. Am I now overspinning the blower or is the increased flow that helps the boost not affect the actual spinning of the blower and the pulley whcih is spinning at a specific rpm. hope that makes sense.

Only a pulley change can increase or decrease the blowers rpm.

THAITED

Established Member
I don't know about Vortech S/C but I would think you will be up around 600 rwhp. If it a smaller blower, it will generate lots of heat. Oh I forgot you have meth.

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Only a pulley change can increase or decrease the blowers rpm.

ok, that pretty much answers my question. i knew that changing pulley would affect the rpm as its proportional to rpm of engine and that by adding better flow isnt going to change that fact ... but i see blowers having two ratings and maxes, one of actual rpm and another of boost and i was just confused if they were one and the same

that said, if i find my car is running at 20psi and the supercharger maxes out at say 17psi, how do i find out what the actual speed of the blower is and what is just increased from exhaust and intake upgrades.do i just use the size of the pulley and call vortech...obviously ill probably never have this issue but i was curious.

Users who are viewing this thread