Will This Combo Work

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I am looking to go twin screw and I am putting the system together as funds allow.... (I did search but many are running the larger crusher setup)

I have narrowed it down to the Whipple 2.9 and I am looking to stay in the low to mid 600's for a while.

I like the TVS but the lack of EGR and the risk of failing inspection is not for me and no K/B because of some of their issues and I am really not interested in going turbo.

Whipple 2.3 would be perfect but I want room to grow and I feel that this blower is at its max (Dont want to go E85 or headers)

Will this combo work with the 2.9

Whipple 2.9 standard set up
60 or 80lb injector's (same price but not sure what to go with)
accufab single blade t/b
boost a pump
stock fuel rails
cooling mod
twin disc clutch (down the road)
tune

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
I would do the FRPP 80s. My car runs better with them. The rest looks good and you should have a decent setup. I see you are in Georgia I would talk with Kurgan Motorsports about a tune on it and you will have a great setup that is easy to drive and make power.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I would do the FRPP 80s. My car runs better with them. The rest looks good and you should have a decent setup. I see you are in Georgia I would talk with Kurgan Motorsports about a tune on it and you will have a great setup that is easy to drive and make power.

Thank You.... I was hoping you would be one of the people to answer my question.... I don't see you posting much... Thank You..... Yeah I need to gather the parts needed or I will never get this accomplished... Yeah I thought of Kurgan as well...

Would 80lb injectors from Lethal do the job?

Hope you are doing well with your car....:beer:

GodStang

Established Member
Thank You.... I was hoping you would be one of the people to answer my question.... I don't see you posting much... Thank You..... Yeah I need to gather the parts needed or I will never get this accomplished... Yeah I thought of Kurgan as well...

Would 80lb injectors from Lethal do the job?

Hope you are doing well with your car....:beer:

I have gone over to the other side and am working on a 1987 Coupe so I am always on the Pushrod boards now mostly. yes the FRPP 80s from Lethal would work great. If you ever got questions just holler.

BULLITT314

Established Member
My setup is mostly the same minus the twin disc clutch and cooling mod. I am running 63lb injectors and dual GT pumps as well.

cj428mach

Established Member
You're going to need more pumps to hit mid 600's. Also what kind of fuel can you get down in Georgia. If 91 is the best you might as well go with the 2.3L.

Oh and supposedly Stieg will weld on an EGR hook up to a TVS for a few hundred dollars. If that's true the TVS would be cheaper than the 2.9L and make similar power.

Last edited:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I have gone over to the other side and am working on a 1987 Coupe so I am always on the Pushrod boards now mostly. yes the FRPP 80s from Lethal would work great. If you ever got questions just holler.

Will do......Thanks again....Hope you are using your Cobra...

CobraCarrera

Established Member
You're going to need more pumps to hit mid 600's. Also what kind of fuel can you get down in Georgia. If 91 is the best you might as well go with the 2.3L.

Oh and supposedly Stieg will weld on an EGR hook up to a TVS for a few hundred dollars. If that's true the TVS would be cheaper than the 2.9L and make similar power.

I will improve the fuel system if needed at the time and definitely down the road.... I will only go as far as I can safely with the 2.9... I see a few cars with my future set up running just a boost a pump and larger injectors.... Besides I will have it installed by a reputable shop like Kurgan, or whomever.

We have a few Sunoco's locally with 93 but mostly 91 or 92 octane.... I honestly don want to weld an EGR set up on a TVS for that price it will put me pretty close to the 2.9.. Thanks for letting me know about Stieg... I did not know that.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I will improve the fuel system if needed at the time and definitely down the road.... I will only go as far as I can safely with the 2.9... I see a few cars with my future set up running just a boost a pump and larger injectors.... Besides I will have it installed by a reputable shop like Kurgan, or whomever.

We have a few Sunoco's locally with 93 but mostly 91 or 92 octane.... I honestly don want to weld an EGR set up on a TVS for that price it will put me pretty close to the 2.9.. Thanks for letting me know about Stieg... I did not know that.

There is a guy that has a post about making similar power with his TVS than he did with his old 2.9 but tons more torque with the TVS. Usually the stock pumps and BAP are only good until about 17lbs. Both my cars with the Whipple at 17lbs were running about 89-90% duty cycle with stock pumps and BAP. The 2.9 needs to be spun at least that if not more just to make it worth it. I wouldn't do a 2.9 with a BAP and stock pumps thats just me.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
There is a guy that has a post about making similar power with his TVS than he did with his old 2.9 but tons more torque with the TVS. Usually the stock pumps and BAP are only good until about 17lbs. Both my cars with the Whipple at 17lbs were running about 89-90% duty cycle with stock pumps and BAP. The 2.9 needs to be spun at least that if not more just to make it worth it. I wouldn't do a 2.9 with a BAP and stock pumps thats just me.

Your right CJ and I did see that posting about that... Just bothers me that the 2.3 is almost at max and I will want to add more power down the road...I don't want to be after the 2.3 install wishing I went with the 2.9

Users who are viewing this thread