Will they fit?: Velgen Wheel Assistance

jps043

Established Member
I am currently considering purchasing a set of Velgen VMB9 wheels in the following sizes: 20x9 (front) and 20x10.5 (rears) - these wheels only come in 20's FYI. I have a 2013 Shelby GT500 with the PP and the following suspension mods: BMR Adjustable Upper and Lower Control Arms, BMR Panhard Bar, and Eibach Pro Lowering Kit.

Currently I am running MPSS on my stock PP wheels: 19x9.5 with 275x40x19 fronts and 20x9.5 305x35x20 rears. Obviously I will need to change up the fronts to be 20's, and I plan on swapping out the rears for drag radials. For the rears I was planning on running NT05rs, and am currently undecided for the fronts. I do not intend to track the vehicle, so I am not looking for a full race setup but rather a street setup with traction for the occasional street pull.

My questions:
1. Does anyone run these wheels or other Velgen products on their Shelby and have any feedback for me?
2. How wide can I go on the rear tires with having 10.5 in rear wheels?
3. Any suggestions for front tires? (common options I see are nitto invos and MPSS's)

All thoughts are welcomed, thanks.

demas

Established Member
Hey,
I have Velgen VMB7 20" front (9") and rear (10.5") i am using NT05R 315/35/20 front 255/35/20 without any issues at all.
I think that 315 is the widest you can got with these wheels.
MPSS are much better than Invo from what I know :)

gl man

SVT_28

Established Member
Hey,
I have the velgen vmb5 in matte black with nitto invo tires. 265/35/20 front and 295/35/20 rear I believe. I also have eibach pro kit springs installed and the setup I have has no issue.

Tires are a lot better than stock but I also had mpss in my 2010 gt500 and they did well also. Reason I went with nitto for my 2014 is because mpss are much more expensive, usually sold out,possibly wobble and mine actually had dry rot after a year and a half. I decided to try something else and nitto invo had the sizes I wanted and good reviews. As for sizing, nittos run smaller than mpss(mpss runs larger than most brands I believe). not sure what the largest tire you can have with the springs but I wouldn't go higher than 305.

I am very happy with the velgen wheels I have. I ordered mine through Paul@HI, a vendor on this website. He gave great advice for any questions I had. Great experience ordering from him. Below is a link with plenty of info on the rims along with Paul's contact info.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rd-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-on-Velgen-VMB5-Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread