Will the Ford GT heads work on our cars?

03-LS1

I heard a while back that you can buy the GT heads through Ford but will they be able to work on the 03/04 Cobras. I also heard that ya need a special intake or somthing?? I hope i am not just talking out of my ass.

I would actually like to do a engine buildup that consissted of GT Heads, Comp Cams and Procharger F1A blower. Just thinking out loud.

03-LS1

kinda harsh....... Anyways those two topics arent exactly "hot" and information about them isnt easy to come by. Sorry for the mishap.

Blaine

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
the heads dont fit 4.6 intakes (unless you can prove you race in grand-am cup in which case you'd already have one) and prochargers are definately not the hot setup. most procharger buyers removed them from their 03/04.

If your sticking with the supercharger the GT heads wouldn't be worth the money for the power gain. Even though they don't without a custom intake.

Stick with the revised 05 heads.

+1 for the procharger not worth it.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The heads to consider may be the new 07' Cobra heads. Didn't early reports say that these upgraded heads were the most significant performance improvement the new Cobras had over the Terminators?

But, since the deck height is higher with the 5.4 as compared to the 4.6, you'd have to get a 5.4 intake manifold regardless. Seems to me there was a MM&FF article awhile back were they actually fabricated a spacer to adapt a 4.6 intake manifold onto 5.4 heads.............

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
MY COFFIN said:
Iron Terp........Arent the 07 Cobra heads and the GT heads the same casting??

Anyways thanks for the information.
Gosh, I don't know Coffin....I tried to find the article with no success. I was under the impression that they were the same casting, but the Cobra heads had been massaged a little. But, without the article, I'm just talking out my arse :)

99BOSS

Established Member
Yeah, the 07 Cobra heads and the GT heads are the same. I havent actually seen the port shape on these heads so I dont know how far off our Cobra intakes are from fitting them. Im sure it could be made to work but the cost would way offset the gains. The 03/04 Terminater heads are still some of the best out there and by no means a limiting factor in the power production of our 4.6s. You'd be better off to spend the money elsewhere.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Seems to me there was a MM&FF article awhile back were they actually fabricated a spacer to adapt a 4.6 intake manifold onto 5.4 heads.............

yep, reichard racing makes it. but dont forget youd also need to use ford gt exhaust manifolds and that means $$$

Users who are viewing this thread